PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Euroreef Skimmer cs6-1

MattG
09/25/2004, 07:22 PM
im wanting to upgrade my protein skimmer to a larger model since my water volume is much greater due to a larger sump

anyways i have a euroreef CS6-1 protein skimmer for sale. Its in great shape and skims like crazy. im looking for 250$.

here is more info on the skimmer. More info (http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=ER1111)

Here is a shot of it in action
http://webpages.marshall.edu/~george26/FRAGS/DRAIN.JPG

Curtis1
09/25/2004, 09:53 PM
How big a hurry are you in to sell it ? I'd like to have it but am committed to some other projects at the moment. I started my stand today. Didn't feel well and did not get much accomplished. I'm building it 72x24x 36h. I've already spent about $144 on it and haven't even bought the door hardware, trim, or paint. I'll probably have at least another $100 in it. Could you wait till the next meeting, plus that way I wouldn't have to make a special trip ??? I assume that includes the pump too ??? I put both of the MH's on the same timer and they both started firing right up !!! I got'em comin' on at 2:30 till 10:00. Do you have yours on for a full 12hr period ???Let me know what you want to do, otherwise, I'll take it off your hands, Thanks, Curt.

MattG
09/27/2004, 01:04 PM
hi curtis if you are for sure interested in the skimmer i can wait. the euroreef handles my tank fine so its not like its a big rush. Im still undecided on the replacement skimmer so waiting isnt a problem. There is another manufacturer that is goign to be releasing a new line of skimmers mid october and its definetly one im going to think about.

let me know if you for sure want it and if so i can wait no problem. It includeds the pump and everything needed. Just drop it in the tank and let the skimming begin. These things are truely plug and play.

i only run my halides 6 hours a day. I use to run them 8 but havent really noticed a decline in any of the livestock with a shorter photoperiod. plus my bulbs will last slightly longer this way and use a little less electricity. i run my actinics a full 12 hour period though.

LowCel
09/27/2004, 01:43 PM
Matt......did I read that right, you only run yours six hours a day???? :eek1:

I run my MH's ten hours and my actinics 12 hours.

For the skimmer just a little warning.....Euroreef's stink! And no I am not just saying that, just wait until the first time you empty the skimmer cup, you will feel like you are going to puke! Oh yeah, just in case someone doesn't understand.....that is a good thing. Especially when you have some unexpecting buddy over. :D

MattG
09/27/2004, 02:37 PM
yea i just run them 6 hours......everything seems to be doing fine with it. Even the chips is happy now :D

LowCel
09/27/2004, 02:55 PM
So you say, but we both know that once the chips was removed from my tank that it will never truely be happy again. :)

Curtis1
09/27/2004, 04:31 PM
Hey Matt, I been thinking about it, and I am kinda leaning towards setting up a 180 gal. I think that I'm just gonna hold out for a bigger skimmer. Sorry, if I got a little excited. Thanks, for the offer to hold it for me, later, Curt.