PDA

View Full Version : To all NJ reef club members

katspaw
11/02/2001, 09:54 AM
Hello everyone,
We need to set some ground rules, and being that we don't have a President, vice president, secretary or treasurer, And I am the founder of this club, it has been left up to me to make some decisions. I need to know what everyones whats out of this club. When I invisioned it, it was to be able to help fellow reefer out, have a community within new jersey, that we could share information , help each other out in times of need and of course to trade frags and sand. Our tanks are always growing and changing and it gives everyone a new oportunity to learn. We were such a small club in the beginning that I didn't see any since in having it organize to the point that we would need leaders. Now the club has grown, for this I am very happy, but I am also over worked. We have to become organized, we need to have a president, vice president, secretary, A photographer would be nice, and we already have a webmaster to manage our website. Being that we have yet had everyone at a meeting, and This will be club decision. I propose that we hold an online election for these offices. If you are interested in making a motion for someone to be president, then please submit his/ her name. the same with vice president and secretary. As far as photgrapher, I think that we can have a couple of offical photographers, because not everyone can make the meetings it will be good to have extras. Teh duties of the officers will be as follows:
The President of the club will organize meeting, make decisions on special events, organize and advise other officers, the vice president will asisst the president and act as him in his absence. The secretary will keep into account everyone in the club. They will email members as to upcoming events, and meetings. This person will hold all the records for the club, so they will be the person in charge of any and all emails. You can submit your nominations here and if vote here as well.

Tracey

volk23
11/02/2001, 10:32 AM
This sounds like a good idea. As we all know that all animals, including human need a leader to guide them the right direction.

my problem with this is the only thing am good at is already taken :(. Whos the webmaster? Me and my friend own two servers maybe I can do that? I can also do programming, web programming in this case. Maybe i can help? Or we can share the responabilities.

katspaw
11/02/2001, 11:17 AM
John aka Aquariust has been assisting me in designing a new webpage. I must say it is looking good. That is the reason for all of the emails to all of you asking for pictures, website links, and which name you would like to be referred to on the site. :) I think everyone will be really pleased with what we have managed to do in a short time. We are hoping to have everything ready to unvail it by the meeting or just after. :D But that all depends of ya'll. IF I get your permission to use your name and also a link to your site would be great. If you want a picture to be shown , then it will be perfect, if not then a another type of picture (cartoon drawing) will be used in it's place. Please be aware I will have my camera in hand at the next meeting to take portraits of everyone. :D

Tracey

Rovert
11/09/2001, 08:37 AM
Tracey, those are good questions, particularly to identify what we, as a group, want out of the club. As I mentioned to Brian a while ago, if it's only a frag swap every couple of months, that will get real boring, real fast.

Maybe we could discuss it all together this Sunday, and post our comments here afterward, get the input from others who aren't able to attend the 11/11 meeting.

katspaw
11/09/2001, 09:20 AM
Sounds very good to me.:D

Tracey