PDA

View Full Version : cure your live rock in your nano?

Lunchbucket
11/02/2001, 08:31 AM
do you guys cure your uncured live rock in you nano or do you use a decent sized tub? i am thinking of getting 10lbs of rock from www.gulf-view.com. the reason i am asking is because i will start w/ a dead sandbed in the tank and would like to get as much of that life into the sand asap! just curious if it is still the practice to cure it in a rubbermaid tub.

also, when you cure yours you must have a skimmer and a little light on it right? i will hold off on selling hte skimmer for a little while then.

thanks
Lunchbucket

biomekanic
11/02/2001, 11:12 AM
you most definately want a skimmer in there or the stink could drive you screaming into the night. only 10lbs isn't going to be to bad, but still... I'm curing 13lbs. right now in my 10g, and the smell of the stuff from the skimmer is foul. not bad enough to anger the wif, but pretty unpleasant. I empty that thing everyday.
have you thought about going with tbsaltwater.com and one of their package deals? if you want something exluded (I don't want a pistol shrimp or a cucumber) they're happy to swap out something else you'd like. that way you'd get LS in the deal too. I'll be going with them when I setup my 20g and a 220g as a room divider. I've heard a lot of good things about them, and they've always been very nice when I ask questions, even though I haven't bought anything as of yet.