PDA

View Full Version : 600-gallon tank for immediate sale!

Reefcherie
09/23/2004, 02:24 PM
Tank Specs: Length:10', Width: 4', Height: 2’. The acrylic thickness is 3/4" with rounded corners.

It was built to have one end 3' x 4' with a separate overflow comb (see photo). This makes a refugium/sump built into the tank using an additional overflow at the end. This gives a full 7' x 4' of viewing area and no need for a separate sump or refugium. The ends at the 4' section are curved so it’s really sweet to look at from a design point of view. I included another photo of the tank when it was in for refurbishing and it shows the separator/sump at 3'.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/3630/8840Scripts_Tank2.JPG

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/3630/8840Scripts_Tank1.JPG

You might also use the 3’x 4’ area as a place to grow out live food or have a special place for a new fish where he won't get harassed by the other fish where you can catch him. There is also an overflow box inside this refugium that has combs along the top.

Tank Condition: It is still wrapped up in the plastic wrap as done when it was completely professionally refurbished by Joel of Mobile Plastics in San Diego to bring it to show display condition again.

Tank Price: $3000.00. An estimate was obtained by the previous owner from the company who made this tank for the same 10’ x 4’ x 2’ dimensions and the cost was $5,345.00

Tank History: The tank had a former life as a display tank at Birch Aquarium (the Interpretive Center for the Scripps Institute of Oceanography in La Jolla, California). Fernando Nosratpour of Scripps had this tank built. Fernando had the refugium end protruding into their pump room so only the 7' section was visible to the public.

Tank Location: San Jose, CA. The buyer must pick up at this location and is responsible for costs associated with transporting it.

Please use the eMAIL link to contact me if you are interested. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY please

Cheri

Reefcherie
09/24/2004, 12:36 PM
Please disregard the second picture! It turns out that picture isn't of the same tank and was sent to me by mistake.

Cheri

Reefcherie
09/28/2004, 07:42 PM
$2,500!!

A 600-gallon, fully refurbished (still in shrink wrap) tank for $2,500!

If you aren't personally interested, please pass the word, including mentioning it to any LFS you visit.

Cheri

Reefcherie
10/16/2004, 12:58 PM
A 600-gallon, 3/4" acrylic, fully refurbished (still in shrink wrap) tank for $2,000!!

If you aren't personally interested, please pass the word, including mentioning it to any LFS you visit.

Cheri

dreamreefer
11/12/2004, 07:58 PM
I'll pass the word to a friend who's currently looking into big systems...

Reefcherie
11/12/2004, 08:04 PM
THIS TANK HAS BEEN SOLD!

Thanks,
Cheri