PDA

View Full Version : looking for some used equipment...

CaptainDave
09/20/2004, 09:11 PM
I'm in the process of setting up a 55 gallon reef, and so far I've had really good luck with finding used equipment from you local guys (thanks Mike), but I'm still looking for a few more things, so I thought I would see if anyone had some old stuff they wanted to get rid of. Things on my wish list:

1. IceCap VHO ballast - 430 or 660
2. 1/2" Sea Swirl
3. Protein Skimmer - Euroreef ES5-2 or 3, or Urchin Pro
4. RO/DI Unit - might end up just getting a new one

That's all I can think of right now. Let me know if you have something you want to get rid of. I'll be at the meeting this week, so we could talk then.

Thanks,
Dave

hokiefish
09/21/2004, 02:46 PM
Check out the virginia tech auctions at www.purch.vt.edu (http://www.purch.vt.edu) . They sell RO units as well as pumps and refractometers. Radford also has auctions as well. As for the other stuff I cant personally help you out but I was thinking of adding a VHO setup and you dont have to go IceCap if you want to save some money. See ya wed.

Ian

mbort
09/21/2004, 03:46 PM
air water ice is a good choice for RO/DI. I would suggest just buying a new one, probably not worth the $ for a used one considering you will almost definitely want to replace the membrane.

Otherwise, good luck finding some of this stuff locally used. Let me know if I can help out getting you set up otherwise

rbattle
09/22/2004, 08:51 AM
I have a VHO ballast that is equivalent to the 660. PM me if you are interested and I will send you all the details.

Rush