PDA

View Full Version : Oct Meet

Hedonist
09/19/2004, 12:26 PM
Wynne has graciously agreed to let us admire her set up for the next meeting... This will be on Sat Oct 2 at 1pm... We will get Wynne to get directions to us one way or another.....

After scoping out her tank, be prepared to discuss skimmers... your good and bad experiences , ideas and advice....... one member had once mentioned having a 'skimmer show-down'... where everyone brings their skimmer and we put them to the test......anyone game? It does not have to be at this meet but it might be interesting to see how it turns out!

Anybody wanting to carpool should speak up!

TTYL

Denise

jarofmilk
09/20/2004, 04:28 AM
:( i have to work

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/20/2004, 05:05 AM
we will sure try to b there !

spotfin
09/20/2004, 05:10 PM
I would like to carpool.

cabin
09/20/2004, 06:00 PM
Directions for the meeting:
From the South, take Rt 95 North to the 2nd Waterville exit, which is Rt 104 (used to be exit 34, now exit 130). Turn left at the off ramp, heading north on Rt 104. Rt 139 merges with Rt 104 in a few miles. About 5 miles or so out of town, Rt 104 takes a right, continue straight on Rt 139. When you reach Norridgewock, the highway gets bumpy, there is a sign for speed limit 25, then you'll see Burrill Hill Rd (paved) on the right, take that and proceed for 1.1 miles. Our driveway is very long, on the right, has a black mailbox that says 223.

From Bangor: you can either stay on Rt 95 to Waterville and take the exit for Rt 139, following that to Norridgewock same as the people from the south will do, or get off Rt 95 in Newport and follow Rt 2 west into Skowhegan. Follow Rt 2 through town. You'll go left over a bridge for the Kennebec, then turn right at the light after the bridge to head to Norridgewock. Rt 2 enters Norridgewock at a T intersection, turn left onto Rt 139. Go about 1 block up a hill, take the first road on the left, Burrill Hill Rd. Go 1.1 miles, driveway is on the right, number 223 on the box, can't see the house from the road.

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/20/2004, 09:28 PM
HEY that is some good directions !

cutting
09/22/2004, 06:26 AM
i will try to make it, i do have to work and i usually dont get out until 2-3. hedonist i do want the pulsing xenia i just dont know how i can get to it that day if i dont get out early i can pick it up another time. i mentioned before i prob wont make the meetings unless they are later in the day. our tank is doing good just havent been able to keep shrimp and dont know why. but i am going to have my water checked at aqua corals so she can maybe figure out why since we have lost 3.the water is fine i just need to check phosphate my husband said. so from there hopefully ill get some answers. well i will catch you later guys have fun

Hedonist
09/24/2004, 04:57 AM
I have a few more bunches of spagehtti algae I need to find a home for... these usually have bugs throughout it......Any takers?!?!?!?! I can bring them to Wynnes (along with (if my memory does not fail me!) some LR for Jason and freeze dried CE for our host to try.... hmmm most guest bring flowers?)

Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/24/2004, 05:13 AM
denise i and brenda could use that type of algae..
Thanks

jarofmilk
09/25/2004, 05:36 AM
Very sorry I cant make it Wynne :sad1: (stupid work...) I look forward to meeting the most of you that I havnt met, yet next month as I will rotate back to working weekdays then. Wynne I hope that the frozen ce taste good! let me know :lmao:

Hedonist
09/29/2004, 04:12 PM
Can we get an idea of how may are going to Wynne's Sat???

I think Jason wanted to carpoll.... It does not sound like Mike is going Sat.... Jason you could catch a ride from Waterville on with me if ya want...

Sounds like I am bringing spaghetti algae only for John and Brenda?

See many of ya soon I hope!
Denise

vermonter310
09/29/2004, 06:59 PM
You are correct Denise. I would love to see other peoples setups too. Oh well, next time I suppose. Have fun.

Mike

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/30/2004, 04:21 AM
Denise heard u were heading to bryans yesterday did ya go ??

cabin
09/30/2004, 07:38 PM
In a few emails to club members, Denise has accidentally mentioned Newport instead of NOrridgewock. I just want to emphasize to everyone that my house is in NOrridgewock. If you go to Newport, you'll be a long time finding me!

I bought some cider today for beverage, also can provide coffee and tea. We don't drink soda, so if you want that, bring it. Looking forward to seeing those of you who can come.
Wynne

spotfin
09/30/2004, 08:26 PM
I will be there on saturday. Denise, can I catch a ride with you? Should I meet you at the lab? Anyone else from southern area going?
I'll take some more spaghetti algae if you have some extra. The last buch you gave me doesn't look too good. It looks like it is starting to die. It may not have adjusted well to the lighting on the refugium.
Jason

Hedonist
10/01/2004, 07:19 AM
Yeah sure Jason.... Sue also asked to ride up and I thought we could meet in the WTVL WalMart parking lot behind Pizza Hut about 12:15........Sound okay?

Denise

spotfin
10/01/2004, 07:13 PM
sounds good. See you there.

Hedonist
10/02/2004, 05:38 AM
OOOOPS :mixed:
Just follow Wynnes directions and it will take you to NORRIDGEWOCK!!!!

I will see Jason and Sue in the parking lot of WalMart ... BEHIND Pizza Hut.... I will be in the black Envoy

sys
Denise

Hedonist
10/02/2004, 09:03 AM
Be sure to go directly to Wynnes.... we ARE NOT meeting at the lab at anytime today!!!!

seems to be a bit of confusion out there.......Go directly to Wynnes, do not pass go, do not collect $200, but do collect your algae please :rollface:

denise

Hedonist
10/02/2004, 09:21 AM
I wanted to attach an outline of an article in FAMA Aug 2004 about skimmers. However it is too big for RC, I will try it throuogh email.........This is for those of you who have not seen the article, need a refresher and/or not coming to our meet.

In addtion to admiring Wynnes system, we are going to talk a bit about skimmers.

TTYS
Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/02/2004, 06:22 PM
MY email again is chauvin@uninet.net

Hedonist
10/02/2004, 06:53 PM
Got your email address John, I will send the Skimmer outline tomorrow when i go to work and clean my tank... the document is on that computer....

Thanks again to Wynne for her hospitality.. her tanks are super... even her fresh water was spectacular! Hope your pealry jaw is happy in his new home!

And I am glad we reviewed skimmers, again Iwill be re-thinking the placement of mine for sure....I think I can get mcuh better procuction bya few simple changes!

If anyone gets an inclination for a tank tour, do not feel we have to wait for a 'monthly' meet....put out an invitation....lets see some tanks before the snow flies!! :bounce2:

TTYS
Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/02/2004, 07:02 PM
come to the mountain top and see the fall colors and the big bins !

Hedonist
10/03/2004, 09:29 AM
Pick a date John !!!!! I admit it would be a great veiw from there..

Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/04/2004, 06:53 AM
does not matter to me poll the members and see when it is best !! Bryan can come any time !! in 2 weeks would b the best colors etc but does not matter !!