PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to buy a Mantis?

Fcamdog
10/30/2001, 04:05 PM
I need to wait and see if a new packing method works, and if it does I'll be selling, or trading them. What I am looking at as price, with shipping, will be $40. Since most of the cost is the shipping, 2 would be $50 and so forth at $10 more each shrimp.
Drop me an email if interested.

tszetela
10/30/2001, 11:10 PM
Do you ever find the red morph of O. scyllarus? If so I would be more than interested!

Fcamdog
11/01/2001, 07:21 PM
I feel good about the new packing material I use, a shipment to Colorado went off without a hitch. Shipping is the kicker, but I'll drop the price I want. It will still be $40 for either a philippine mantis, or a ciliata mantis. Two will be $45 and three will be $50. I know they can cost a lot more back on the mainland so I feel these are fair prices. Drop an email if you are interested.

ISFRAEL
11/02/2001, 06:11 PM
do you reckon one would make it to australia?
if so i wouldnt mind a ciliated like the picture you posted the other day?

Fcamdog
11/02/2001, 06:41 PM
Besides any legal issues, with customs/fish and game from Australia, I don't even want to know what shipping would be! How would you like to ship me some VB though? I'll pay top dollar, I was in Townsville in April of 1999.

ISFRAEL
11/03/2001, 08:32 PM
you like VB? why? its horrible!
coopers beer is the only beer to drink in australia!
coopers pale ale & sparkling ale! mmmmmm

cat23
11/05/2001, 06:50 AM
If you're going to sell something on the boards, I suggest setting up Pay Pal. I trusted someone here to pay shipping for a mantis and I went to all the trouble to catch, pack, and pay 30.00 to ship the thing and trusted he's send me the shipping costs...

Guess what??? He got himself a FREE mantis shrimp! Just sit there and have it delivered directly to your door! While someone else is buying traps, packing materials, running to UPS like a chicken with their head cut off!!!

Life must be tough! LOL...Guess he made a fool out of me!
:blown:

I kept up my end of the deal, and some...I granted every request for the guy...and he still didn't even give me the decency to send the UPS costs! That was over a month ago!

ISFRAEL
11/06/2001, 06:17 AM
post the name of the offender so other people dont get caught out!

cat23
11/06/2001, 07:19 AM
Isfrael,

I now wish I would have kept my mantis. He was so cool!

Check out this post...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34403

ISFRAEL
11/10/2001, 06:02 AM
well cat! get another mantis and join us here on a regular basis a s a mantis loving weirdo! coolest pet i ever had!

judo1
11/15/2001, 11:11 AM
Yeah, Isfrael, if you want the truth... I finally decided to answer this bs publicly, after trying way too hard to deal with her nicely... go back to that other thread, where I decided to publicly defend myself, after trying very hard to rectify things in private (after she said she "never got" one check, I sent her another [my wife can gladly verify this], and even offered to pay her with PayPal if she agreed to tear up both checks) It's sad how some people can ACT so nice in public, but once you really deal with them they can be so sh*tty. Sorry you guys have to deal with this crap, but I got tired of having members of this board make judgements against me based on her bs while I privately tried to resolve the situation yet received no response (and yes, she has read the messages).

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34403&perpage=20&pagenumber=4

JohnL
11/15/2001, 05:40 PM
OK, let's all relax and see if the check arrives in the next day or two.

cat23
11/15/2001, 07:21 PM
"Acting nice in public" is not packing up something in tupperware containers, packing peanuts and styrofoam boxes and shipping it 900 miles to a total stranger that you have never met!

And then expecting them to pay the shipping!

I agree Judo1....I am a complete a**!

judo1
11/15/2001, 08:12 PM
And the reason you ignored my offers to pay with paypal, in ADDITION to the two checks???
No attempt to facilitate a happy ending, you would rather whine and moan to moderators than reply with a simple "yes, paypal me... and I agree to tear up any checks I receive"

Just felt like being a b*tch?