PDA

View Full Version : Maine stores

dudeguy
09/16/2004, 03:49 PM
I was wondering if people could post the fish stores they know of in Maine.
Here's the two I know of:

Aquatic Concepts - Westbrook ME
Atlantis - South Portland ME

Silvio
09/16/2004, 04:04 PM
Port City Reef

See Port City Reef thread for details

Hedonist
09/16/2004, 05:11 PM
There is Crystal Clear Pets in Bangor as well as the PetCo andn PetQuarters... these are somewhat limited in stock as they sell other pets and fish as well... Kennel shop in Augusta too

Several others who sell from their homes
John in Dixmont and Bryan in Bangor I am sure you will be contacted by John :rollface:

There is also AquaCorals in Fairfield she has a website and

Is Port city Reef open yet? I had heard a shop was opening in the Old Port....

Where are you two from anyway.?? Interested in coming to some SWAM meets ???? You are always welcome!!!

Denise

natybug
09/16/2004, 07:05 PM
Vance's Tropical Fish in Bucksport

Bob's Tropical Fish in Nobleboro

Hollydach's Pet Center in Rockland

Hedonist
09/16/2004, 07:17 PM
I just found out about Bob's tonight.... I was also told about a place called Louis's in the damariscotta area... anyone been there??? Gotta get there to post flyers!!!!

I am trying to sell a 70g in Uncle Henrys (as well as ther 180) and have had a lot of hits for the 70 but it seems to be too deep for most.. anyone have a tank they wnat to unoad, I will steer them your way!?!??!?

Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/17/2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by dudeguy
I was wondering if people could post the fish stores they know of in Maine.
Here's the two I know of:

Aquatic Concepts - Westbrook ME
Atlantis - South Portland ME

HEY dude I am small store Appointments only But i sell a lot of tanks and big ones ask my delivery guy !!
u can call me at 1-207-234-2966

I sell tanks up tp 440 gals in size and the price 4 that one is 1980.dols us funds !

dudeguy
09/17/2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out your place sometime when I'm up that way.

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/17/2004, 04:44 PM
well that would b nice i can introduce u t0 my friend briyan who sells great frags !

SaltyDogg
09/17/2004, 10:02 PM
If have a ton of stuff............I guess being in Bangor no one wants to make the drive.....

Bryan

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/18/2004, 04:55 AM
I would have 2 say that bryan has more stuff in tanks 4 sale than any 5 pet stores around here combined !!

plus it is cleaner safer and better quality than any i have seen !

SaltyDogg
09/18/2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by SOMEthinsFISHY
I would have 2 say that bryan has more stuff in tanks 4 sale than any 5 pet stores around here combined !!

plus it is cleaner safer and better quality than any i have seen !

Thanks John.....I try..........:)

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/19/2004, 04:56 AM
NO bryan they try You do !!

spotfin
09/19/2004, 07:47 AM
For those who really like to travel, there is a store in Belfast. I think the name is Family Pet or something like that. It is located right off Rt 1, in a small plaza just behind Hannaford and Bob's Discount. They only have about 4 saltwater tanks or so.
THere is a store in Ellsworth, also located near a Hannaford, right on Rt 1 in the downtown area. I forgot the name of it. Lots of saltwater tanks, and a few corals.
Jason

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/19/2004, 09:44 AM
the name of that one is vance tropicals it has a 3 k shark tank that is nice to see but ya cannot buy nothing in that room ! and every thing else is quite pricey

Hedonist
09/19/2004, 03:17 PM
I just took a ride to Newcastle where Doe Louis is.. I had to check it out...it is located in a hardware store and frankly IMO is hardly worth the trip... but they were kind enought to post a flyer :lolspin:

I also headed to Bobs Tropical in Nobleboro and found he carries Hykari Mysids :rollface: as well as a good assortment of frozen foos.. his livestock was spares but that might have a lot to do with the hurricanes in FL well worth my trip BTW I posted there as well!!

FWIW it is definatley worth the trip to Bryans! Not just for the livestock but to check out his systems as well... he has a great display set up and his sales tanks utilize plenums....

Denise

SaltyDogg
09/19/2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Hedonist
I just took a ride to Newcastle where Doe Louis is.. I had to check it out...it is located in a hardware store and frankly IMO is hardly worth the trip... but they were kind enought to post a flyer :lolspin:

I also headed to Bobs Tropical in Nobleboro and found he carries Hykari Mysids :rollface: as well as a good assortment of frozen foos.. his livestock was spares but that might have a lot to do with the hurricanes in FL well worth my trip BTW I posted there as well!!

FWIW it is definatley worth the trip to Bryans! Not just for the livestock but to check out his systems as well... he has a great display set up and his sales tanks utilize plenums....

Denise

Thanks for the nice comment Denise.....

At the moment I am stocked to the brim with different types of corals, clams and fish..............

jarofmilk
09/20/2004, 04:23 AM
theres a mall store in ellsworth its expensive and dirty but you might find something you like there. if you dont ther is a great dollar store right next door

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/20/2004, 05:02 AM
I figured u would find a nice dollar store there somewhere !!

Boy am i glad i cleaned the comode b4 ya came over !!

Hedonist
09/20/2004, 07:03 AM
FWIW, this store is not really in Maine, but is just across the borded in Pourtsmouth NH, Little Shop of Pets .. it is located near the Wal Mart off Rt 1....they have many ,many tanks, I did not count when I was there but to guess I would say at least 48 tanks.... some held only LR but they had a lot of tanks and drygoods too.... might be worth a trip sometime

Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/20/2004, 08:51 AM
denise is this the guy in the hardware store ?? He has been here 2 buy discus fish from Me !

Hedonist
09/20/2004, 09:52 AM
The shop located in a hardware store is in Newcastle called Doe Louis on Rt 215

John... I am scouting out for some pickling lime in place of Kalk as it appears to do the same thing... does Brenda know where one could get this proccut? If not, I presume you could get Kalk... can you price a 4 lb container for me?

BTW did you get your skimmer up and going... cannot remember if you had tangs in your tank but maybe they could help keep the alage under control, as well as snails and various clean up crews...??? Good luck!

Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/20/2004, 12:55 PM
denise i just did my order but i will check on that in a day yes protein skimmer is going i upped my refugium to a 40 gal and took out every piece of my 12oo lbs of rock and scrubbed it in our spare hot tub ! poof no more algae for now !

dudeguy
09/20/2004, 06:10 PM
Denise,
Here's some kalkwasser on the cheap:
http://store.yahoo.com/mrswages/mrswagpiclim.html

cabin
09/20/2004, 06:48 PM
I went to the petstore in Skowhegan to ask them to post a flyer. They didn't used to have marine, but now have one tank in depressing condition. Hopefully it will get better as they learn more about it. They have a lot of freshwater fish, though, for people into that.

Goodine's Pet shop in Madison is also mostly freshwater.

From what I have seen, for people in the central Maine area, Penny's (Aquacorals in Fairfield) and Bryan's (in Bangor) really have the best marine selection and quality.

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/20/2004, 09:25 PM
Bryan will be happy to read this !

SaltyDogg
09/20/2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by cabin
I went to the petstore in Skowhegan to ask them to post a flyer. They didn't used to have marine, but now have one tank in depressing condition. Hopefully it will get better as they learn more about it. They have a lot of freshwater fish, though, for people into that.

Goodine's Pet shop in Madison is also mostly freshwater.

From what I have seen, for people in the central Maine area, Penny's (Aquacorals in Fairfield) and Bryan's (in Bangor) really have the best marine selection and quality.

Thanks for the nice comment.......

Stop in sometime.....coffee will be on.......... :)

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/20/2004, 09:51 PM
HOW about stocking up on some soda for John BOY ??

SaltyDogg
09/21/2004, 10:32 AM
HOW about stocking up on some soda for John BOY ??

I have some cans of orange soda in the refri right now........:)

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/21/2004, 06:54 PM
get pepsi too and i will be over !!! I now have 150 gal fresh and rr in stock !!

jarofmilk
09/23/2004, 06:19 AM
when were you at the skowhegen store? is it the one with the shelter attached to it? if so i went there maybe 2 weeks ago and there was a bank forclosure notice right underneath a big NO TRESSPASSING sign lol he used to have alot of used stuff there...

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/23/2004, 06:29 AM
when is the loom technician going to revisit me ?

cabin
09/23/2004, 06:27 PM
Not sure what you mean by "the shelter attached to it." The Skowhegan pet store is located at the shopping center that has Bob's Discount, the health food store, Mr. Paperback, etc. It is the first shopping center on the left after the Wal-Mart/Skowhegan Fair entrance. I think it is called Family Pet Connection, or something similar. I believe I was there on the 10th of Sept....

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/25/2004, 05:55 AM
lets all go to bryans on sat instead !!

onecoder
09/30/2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by SaltyDogg
If have a ton of stuff............I guess being in Bangor no one wants to make the drive.....

Bryan

Bryan where are you in Bangor....I am going to be up that way this Saturday. are you appointment only or do you have a store front.

Hedonist
09/30/2004, 05:58 PM
Hey Onecoder, we are holding a tank tour in the Newport area, just outside of Bangor... maybe you can pop in there and go to Bryans after the meet ..........?!?!?!?

Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/01/2004, 04:36 AM
HE is by appt only & call me 4 his # 234-2966

JOHN

onecoder
10/01/2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Hedonist
Hey Onecoder, we are holding a tank tour in the Newport area, just outside of Bangor... maybe you can pop in there and go to Bryans after the meet ..........?!?!?!?

Denise

What time is you tank tour running and will you have anything for sale. I am headed home(Sullivan) for my uncles funeral so I do not know that exact time that i will be in the area. Could be around 3- 3:30 will you still be having the tour?

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/04/2004, 07:07 AM
HEY one still call me for bryans phone # he would like to see u !!

SaltyDogg
10/06/2004, 11:14 AM
onecoder give me a call anytime 207-941-2188. would love to have the company........:)

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/06/2004, 07:43 PM
bryan u sure that is the right area code ??

SaltyDogg
10/06/2004, 08:04 PM
bryan u sure that is the right area code ??

Community
Area Code Lookup

With Verizon's area code lookup you can:

Find the area codes that are used in a certain state by entering the state name

Please select from the options below.

Calling and local time information by state:

Please select a state
- Maine

Current time for major cities in the state of ME:

STATE (REGION) CITY CURRENT TIME
Maine Augusta, Portland 10/6/2004 8:57:54 PM

Cities and area codes for ME:

CITY AREA CODE
All Locations 207
Augusta 207
Bangor 207
Calais 207
Lewiston 207
Millinocket 207
Portland 207
Presque Isle 207
Rumford 207

yup thats it John.............. :)

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/06/2004, 08:13 PM
NOW i am convinced that u have flipped your lid !!

smtarr
10/07/2004, 11:28 AM
Gee guys, I missed the meeting when the club toured Bryans, I had a migraine. :-(( Just GOT to get up there! Looking forward to the next tank tour. I always learn something new, so much to learn, so little time! :-))

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/07/2004, 10:56 PM
next tour will be at my house then you can go over to bryans when he leaves !! how about that 2 birds with one stone !

smtarr
10/08/2004, 07:44 PM
John, That sounds so good, 2 for the price of one=practically my by-line!:p Is next month's tank tour/meeting on the 6th as usual? What time? You'll have to send directions, I'm blonde and get lost going to my mailbox and back:rollface:

SaltyDogg
10/08/2004, 08:33 PM
I think we talked about meeting at John's, but not sure it is set in cement yet.....I for one hope we can do that next meeting....

Bryan

SOMEthinsFISHY
10/08/2004, 09:58 PM
i think it should be 4 that when can every one make it ??