PDA

View Full Version : Marine Reef Books

Shooter9er
10/29/2001, 11:29 PM
I am interested in buying a book on reefkeeping but was wondering which were considered to be the best. I have a fair knowledge of the hobby but am open to all information a book has to offer. If anyone has any input please let me know. Thanks.
Also if anyone has any of these books and is interested in selling one of them let me know. Thanks again.
Kyle

yikan
10/29/2001, 11:35 PM
"Natural Reef Aquarium" by John Tullock, if you are more interested in the introductory level book,

ivandr
10/29/2001, 11:40 PM
I've got a question about "Natural Marine Aquarium" I have read "Contientious Marine Aquariust" by Rob Fenner and "the New Marine Aquarium" by Mike Palleta. Do you think these books basically cover whats in "Natural Marine Aquarium"?

yikan
10/30/2001, 12:29 AM
I happen to have the "New Marine Aquarium" and the "Natural Reef Aquarium", but don't have the one by Rob Fenner.

My answer to your question: The "Natural reef aquarium", as the title indicates, focuses more on the *reef* aquarium. The "New Marine Aquarium", however, focuses more on the fish-only system, and it has a step-by-step chart on how to start a SW aquarium.

In summary, if one is interested only in FO tank, I think the "New marine aquarium" should be enough. But if a reef aquarium, the "Natural Reef Aquarium" is a great starting point and makes good complement IMO.

ivandr
10/30/2001, 01:43 AM
ok thanks yikan, another title onto my wishlist.

ReefMole
10/30/2001, 02:17 AM
I like "the Natural Reef Aquarium" by Tullock...as a newbie I found the information very useful. Also the "Marine Reef Aquarium Handbook" by Dr. Robert J. Goldstein is a great book...and it's a great price @ $13.99; it also has some nice color pictures and the information in both books seems relatively up-to-date.

ByTor
10/31/2001, 06:13 PM
Both excellent books to have on the shelf..IMO A must have for begginers...