PDA

View Full Version : Sun Coral for trade!!!

twfields79
09/13/2004, 12:40 PM
Hey everyone I have a sun coral I would like to trade. I would just give it away but my mother bought it for me and I don't want her to think her money went to waist. I would trade for some kind of soft coral, that isn't high maintenance, something pretty. I think it has about 15 or 20 polypes. Heres a pic:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/62907suncoral.jpg

If anyone is interested just let me know. I would keep it, but I just don't have the time to feed it like it needs to be fed, with school and work, and family.

twfields79
09/13/2004, 11:47 PM
Still available, BTW I have only had it for about four days.

twfields79
09/14/2004, 11:35 PM
Well guys I have finally had a chance to see what a real sun coral looks like and well mine isn't too hot so concider this thread gone. Although the polyps finally came out tonight and I got them to eat I think. Maybe I can nurse them back.

SoupySteve
09/15/2004, 05:26 PM
Tim - this is just MY OPINION, but mine love it when I mix some cyclop-eeze and frozen brine together - lightly squirt them with the mixture... once they "smell" the food, they'll show a bit more - spray 'em again and they'll grab the brine with their "tentacles" and stuff them down their hole!
BTW, I'd be interested in a trade - I'm not sure if I have anything left in my tank to give you that I haven't given you frags of, but I can definitely frag you some kenya tree and I think I could frag you some of those greyish/blue zooas that I have. If you're not interested, no biggie - but I'd definitely take them off of your hands!

twfields79
09/15/2004, 11:38 PM
Soup that would be great. I would definately trade. I will give you a call this weekend. If your available. Let me know.

twfields79
09/19/2004, 07:43 PM
Hey Soupy when you built your spraybar did you just use regular pvc cement? You said you used reef safe cement I din't know if their was a difference in the stuff you can buy at home depot or not.

SoupySteve
09/19/2004, 09:51 PM
I think all of the stuff is reef safe. I used this kind in a gold-colored container. "oakley" or "oatley" something like that... If you use the threaded PVC, just get the vinyl tape - you won't need any cement that way. Anyway, I'll let you use mine - it's no biggie. It should be a few months before I make any chamges to my setup and need it again anyway.

twfields79
09/20/2004, 11:00 AM
Well I already bought some cement and primer so thanks anyway. I was just wondering if the stuff was reef safe. Is tomorrow still on? Like I said before I probably wont be at your house till around 6:00 with the suncoral.

SoupySteve
09/20/2004, 11:11 AM
That sounds great, dude! I'll have my tools ready to frag you some kenya tree.

thedogofwar
09/30/2004, 09:22 AM
so did you guys work this out? I'd be very interested in it if Steve doesn't trade you for it.

twfields79
09/30/2004, 11:14 AM
Yea sorry dog, I have traded it for some kenya tree. Which I can't get to attach anywhere.