PDA

View Full Version : Selling thread

Mercutio
09/12/2004, 10:19 PM
I just thought I'd create a thread for any odds and ends (or major systems) that people in the region might be selling. I know I've always got my eyes out for new equipment.

CH
09/13/2004, 11:26 AM
I'm tagging along, always looking for good deals. Could go for some frags as well!

Mercutio
09/13/2004, 07:12 PM
Anyone have a 55 hood and stand for sale?

I've also got a brand new Euroreef CS8-2 that's never been used that I'm asking $425 for. I'd like to keep it for my next tank, but there's no telling when (if) that'll be.

CH
09/13/2004, 11:40 PM
Actually, I know somebody that does. Brandon over at Reeftectonics in Omaha has two, I believe, that he is trying to sell (himself, not the store). Not sure if he is on these boards or not, but you could call the store I'm sure and get a hold of him. He does maintenance, so he is not always in, but you could probably leave a message. I can let him know someone is looking next time I see him.

I'm looking for several pounds of live sand to put in my refugium/sump. Anyone care to get rid of some for a reasonable price?

Mercutio
09/19/2004, 10:48 PM
If you could let him know, that'd be awesome. I'll try and give them a call, but I'm always working when they're open.

CH
09/19/2004, 11:20 PM
I'll let him know, if I can catch him this week.

rick051074
09/23/2004, 05:26 PM
I am looking to sell or trade a 55 gallon hood for MH lighting. The hood is custom built in black. Has 8 Overdriven NO flour. for a total of ~450W. Also has 9 bulbs 6-T12 6500K NO, 1-T8 actinic NO, 1-T12 actinic NO, and 1-T8 18000K NO. It is made out of high quaility pine and the top is hinged. Asking $400 or trade.

eross13
09/28/2004, 04:56 PM
I have an Oceanic hood that would fit a 75 or 90 gal tank.

Make me an offer I can't refuse.

The finish is a washed oak.

Mercutio
10/03/2004, 08:32 PM
Sorry Rick, I'm not really in the market for a black stand or I'd take it off your hands.

If anyone has one, I'm still looking.

rick051074
10/03/2004, 11:59 PM
Acually scratch the canopy sale. I picked up some MH and retro fitted them to the hood.

Swirlingmusicman
10/19/2004, 01:04 AM
Hi, im Brandon mentioned above, i live in the omaha area and im selling two 55 gallon aquariums, a 75 gallon aquarium, lighting, and other misc. equipment, if interested in anything let me know and i might be able to help you.

Mercutio
10/19/2004, 09:06 PM
Do you have a stand for the 55? What kind of lighting? What other equipment?

rick051074
10/19/2004, 11:42 PM
I'm looking for a Refractometer if anyone is looking to dump one off.

Swirlingmusicman
10/20/2004, 01:29 PM
I have two different 55 gallon stands, one is just a rod iron "needs refinishing" stand, the other is an oceanic whitewashed oak stand i have the tank for eather on of those, for lighting i have 1-48" powercompact light with 4-22" 55 watt bulbs, or i have a combination hood with two metal halides that are 175 watt, and 2 Atinic Florecent bulbs, and i also have a 30" power compact retrofit that has about 10 seperate bulbs and has a total of over 200 watts i believe

Other equipment I have
-75 gallon all glass aquiarum with oak stand and hood with a honey oak stain color
-Wet/Dry filter with overflow box
-Hang on the back protien skimmer
-2 penguin 330 filters
-150 watt heater
-30 gallon tank
-29 gallon tank
-20 gallon custom wet dry filter
-58 Oceanic Reef Ready Tank
-Plus more that i cant think of off the top of my head right now, if there is something specific just ask

I dont have a refractometer unfortunatly

If you would like pictures just ask, all the equipment has been used but well cared for and has been cleaned to prepare for sale

Thank You for your interest

Mercutio
10/20/2004, 08:55 PM
I'd like pics of the 55 stand and lights if you can. No hurry.

rick051074
10/21/2004, 08:37 AM
Pics of the 58 and what you are asking for it. Also what are you wanting for the 75 w/ stand?

Swirlingmusicman
10/25/2004, 10:32 AM
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, i have been working on remodeling my basement, I will try to get pictures posted later this week.

pbautel
10/31/2004, 01:05 PM
I still have a few things left in my tank that I need to get rid of if you're interested.

- I have 3 or 4 nice large pieces of rock. One with a leather coral and one with a green stripe mushroom
- Green chromis
- Large peppermint shrimp
- Lobster
- Sand

Make me any offer. I'll let these go real cheap so I can break my tank down for moving.

Thanks,
Paul
402-445-4366
paulbautel@yahoo.com

Mercutio
11/11/2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by pbautel
I still have a few things left in my tank that I need to get rid of if you're interested.

- I have 3 or 4 nice large pieces of rock. One with a leather coral and one with a green stripe mushroom
- Green chromis
- Large peppermint shrimp
- Lobster
- Sand

Make me any offer. I'll let these go real cheap so I can break my tank down for moving.

Thanks,
Paul
402-445-4366
paulbautel@yahoo.com

I can vouch for Paul, very nice guy.

CH
11/11/2004, 12:19 PM
I agree, I got 3 pieces of the rock (there was one big piece left that we couldn't get the lobster out of!) and a bunch of sand. He was going to take the rest to one of the LFS, if he hasn't already.

CH
12/01/2004, 02:29 PM
Any one in the area have a Red Sea Wavemaster Pro that they want to let go for a decent price?

xxticy007
12/11/2004, 03:49 PM
I am looking to get some live rock, about 50 lbs, and a refractometer also. Also looking for lighting for my 50g. It is 30" across but a 24" lighting setup may work also. MH/PC combo or something of that nature.

Jace18
12/29/2004, 02:43 AM
Hello
I just wanted to post. Say HI all. I have been doing saltwater for awhile but not long enough. I just found this section on RC.

If anyone is looking to get rid of a mantis. Just give shoot me an email.

Also does anyone know where the best place to get some southdown fairly local is.

Thanks guys
Gook knowing there are more Reefers out local
Jace

Mercutio
12/30/2004, 06:00 PM
To my knowledge, you can't get south down in omaha.

Jace18
12/30/2004, 06:47 PM
I had a good source that got a pallet from ohio but he is not willing to get more. I am upgrading when the house is done to a 120 and will need more sand. Just looking to see if anyone know of any place close?
Thanks
Jace

Mercutio
12/30/2004, 08:01 PM
Aquapets has a really fair price on Aragonite, and those guys are always willing to make a deal if you buy in bulk, so imo, why settle for a substitute when you can get the good stuff? Just my 2 cents.

I called around when I was setting my my 135, and no one had anything. To my understanding, the company that originally made it was bought out and only services the north east now. You may want to look out there if you know anyone.

Weege
01/03/2005, 10:09 AM
My wife and I are planning on coming down to Omaha this coming weekend. I'd like to pick up some new coral frags, if anyone has any for sale. I don't have any SPS corals at this time. I'd like to get a hold of some SPS, and some LPS. I'd also love to get my hands on a cup or two of anyone's live sand (to seed my own).

Also, if anyone could give me names and directions to any good LFS's in the greater Omaha area, I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks,
Dan

CH
01/03/2005, 12:54 PM
There are three that I frequently visit, Reeftectonics, AquaPets, and Pet World. That last two usually have a good selection of corals. If you need salt, Reeftectonics has the cheapest price in town.
They should all be in the phone book, but I can give you directions if you need.
I don't have any frags that I can sell right now, but I probably have plenty of sand.

Weege
01/03/2005, 01:43 PM
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the info on the stores on Omaha. I have looked up the addresses, and mapped them out. That's great.

If you have some good live sand, I'd be thrilled to have some. I need to establish a pod population, somehow. I'll let you know, when I know for sure that the wife and I are coming down.

Thanks again,
Dan

xxticy007
01/03/2005, 02:50 PM
Where is Pet World located? I have been to the other two stores but not this one. What type of selection do they have?

Weege
01/03/2005, 03:53 PM
It's located at 138th and R. I don't know what they have for selection. I've never been there. Hopefully this weekend.

CH
01/03/2005, 04:23 PM
If you have been to Reeftectonics, it is in the same general area, just a little south. It is in a big strip center type of thing. There used to be a Hobby Lobby next to it, but it has moved. If you are driving on Q heading west, when you get to Millard avenue, take a left. Then it will be on the left. There is an Earl May near it, and a little drive thru coffee place in the parking lot. Not hard to find, just a weird area the way the roads are. (Coming from the north, 132nd turns into Millard Avenue, then farther south it turns into 144th! All the same road! If you look at a map you can see it)

They generally have good selection of corals, fish kind of varies.

xxticy007
01/15/2005, 10:20 AM
Some updated info for all the Omaha Reefers... There is a new pet store in Bellevue that just opened up called Pet Cove. It is right off Fort Crook north of Cornhusker on the right side of the road. The exact road is ? Court... Have to drive up a hill to get to it. They just opened a short time ago and bought a lot of the inventory of the old Bellevue Pet Center. It looks like they are going to have a great selection of Saltwater fish and corals once everything starts arriving. I just bought my first two corals from them yesterday when they got their first shipment in. Let me know if anyone else has checked them out.

CH
01/15/2005, 11:32 AM
Cool! Do they have much in right now? I may stop by and check it out this weekend.

xxticy007
01/15/2005, 01:42 PM
They just got their first shipment of Corals and fish this past Thursday... Joe, I think that is his name, said he only got about 1/2 of what he had ordered. I would say about 20 corals at the moment but they have 2 other large coral tanks that are in the process of being set up. Have you been to Aquapets or Pet World recently? Just curious what their coral selection is like at the moment. They don't have a lot of fish right now. A lionfish, maroon clown, damsels, chromis, a trigger, and a yellow tang is all I recall seeing. What type of corals do you currently have in your tank? I just got a flowerpot and some zooanthids from Pet Cove.. Have some pix if you are interested in seeing what they look like. Just PM me with an email address and I will send you the pix.

CH
01/15/2005, 02:21 PM
I haven't been to Aquapets this week. I did go to Pet world yesterday, they had quite a bit. Probably a little more than their usual selection. They have one area with sps frags for $5-$20, not sure what they were though.

I dont have a ton yet in my tank, several shrooms, a leather, button polyps, zoanthids, yellow polyps, anthelia, Monti. Cap, and Monti. Digitata. It sounds like a lot, but they are all small frags!

I think we are going that direction, so I may stop by and check out the store today.

xxticy007
01/16/2005, 01:07 AM
Just went by Aquapets, Petco, and Pet World today. I got two very small ricordia frags at Aqua Pets and great customer service as usual. Went to Pet World and they had a lot of corals in but I only ended up purchasing a $5 acro frag. This is my first SPS so I am not sure how it will do in my tank, but thought for that price I would give it a try. The customer service @ Pet World is way lacking in my opinion. It took me 15 minutes to get someone to help me. Pet Co didn't have anything good as usual.

Dewey115
01/16/2005, 12:41 PM
Anyone have any sand they want to get rid of? I am starting another tank and need some arag based sand. Doesn't have to be live (but would take some of that too :-) I dont want to pay 25-35 for a bag at LFS and cant find any yardright anywhere around here. Anyone know where to find some?

Rick

CH
01/19/2005, 02:13 AM
Anyone have any MAG7's they want to get rid of?

WedThursFri
02/08/2005, 10:41 PM
swirlingmusicman
you have pm