PDA

View Full Version : Water Test Reading Question

RockTheCasbah!
10/26/2001, 09:42 AM
I was wondering if you water quality experts out there could help me with this. I've been told that I should get our water tested before starting my tank, though I wouldn't be sure what was of concern when getting the results. I've provided a link to our local water report for the year 2000:

Antioch Public Water Supply Report 2000 Water Quality Report (http://www.antioch-il.org/ccr.html)

Could someone please take a look at it and tell me if there's anything in it of concern as (like I said) I don't have R/0. If there are elements that were not found to be present like phosphates, nitrates, nitrites, etc.. they were not mentioned on the results, as only readings from elements found present are listed on these tests. Also, I have looked at an archive of the 1998 water report and the results are very similar so the water quality hasn't changed in the last 2 years. Thanks in advance.

Mojoreef
10/26/2001, 12:27 PM
Hey rock I have read the report. Thier are many grey areas that are not covered in the report. Well water normally has a high content of minerals, also most cities treat the water with cholrine. I would say the best thing to do is to invest in a ro/di unit. This way you know for sure your water is pure. With the cost of inhabitants its small money.

good luck

MIKE
10/26/2001, 01:46 PM
Rock,

It's been my experience in CA that virtually anywhere, you need to R/O the water. In fact, I know of few people who really couldn't benefit from using RO. Personally, I'd read fewer tests reports and simply install and ro unit and fogetaboutit.

Phillstone
10/28/2001, 01:44 PM
I agree w/the others. Reports are not updated frequently enough,municiple water quality can change rapidly ( water main flushing, monitoring glitches ,etc.), you never know what your going to get. Why take the chance? With a quality RO/DI unit you will have peace of mind knowing your water is good.

Phill