PDA

View Full Version : Advice for mixing fresh Saltwater!!

Nanook
10/26/2001, 02:14 AM
I have noticed a decrease in my calcium levels after water changes here lately. I have been doing larger water changes than usual for various reasons. I decided to test my freshly mixed Instant Ocean salt mix for Calcium and found it to be only 300!! This could explain why my levels of calcium decrease over time, in spite of having a calcium reactor.

I reviewed some threads on Instant Ocean Salt Mix and found a link to mixing SW for maximal dilution of ingredients. I was mixing my SW with a powerhead and always noticed residual scum when changing water in the bucket. I found this thread that had information about mixing with a high speed drill and stirring wand. Here it is for whoever wants to read it:

http://www.animalnetwork.com/fish2/aqfm/1997/sep/bio/default.asp

Nanook

JerryReef
10/26/2001, 02:27 AM
Yeah I saw that too! Any idea where I could get the Nalgene propellers?

Thanks
Jerry

====

Is life an adventure or is it an inconvenience ...... We all have a choice in the matter

Nanook
10/26/2001, 02:33 AM
Yeah, I just ordered two of them from US Plastics, they are like $14.31 each plus $6 for shipping.

http://www.usplastic.com.

Order # 85062

Nanook

JerryReef
10/26/2001, 02:42 AM
LOL ..... should have known!

Looks like we're both night owls. I am just guarding my tank :D

Thanks
Jerry

====
Is life an adventure or is it an inconvenience .. what'll it be

Nanook
10/26/2001, 02:46 AM
I'm looking in the fuge for bugs and worms and shining the flashlight in the 120g looking for a rogue crab or two left in there. I have a special grabber I bought from the hardware store for this hunting late night. My wife catches me in my boxers with a flashlight in one hand and a crab grabber in the other and just shakes her head :D

Nanook

Skipper
10/26/2001, 07:56 AM
My wife catches me in my boxers with a flashlight in one hand and a crab grabber in the other and just shakes her head

<center>:lolspin:ROFLMAO!!:lolspin:</center>