PDA

View Full Version : Glad to find you guys

WILDTHING
09/05/2004, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm in Churchville, just outside of staunton or about 1 hr westish of Charlottesville.

I'm so excited to finally find others with like interests. Even the LFS around here have nothing really. There is a place in Charlottesville but its pretty boring going to the same place over and over.

If its ok I would love to attend the meeting on Sep 22. I posted to the Beach area club as well, they are about 4 hrs away, you guys seem like next door at just 2- 2 1/2 hrs away! lol

I hope to meet you all soon
colleen

jfloydr
09/05/2004, 04:19 PM
Check out Roanoke Valley Reef club also. NRV guys helping us get started

jfloydr
09/05/2004, 04:20 PM
Also check out Somethings Fishy in Roanoke

mbort
09/05/2004, 08:29 PM
The Roanoke Club will be closer, but we would be more than happy to have you come down for the next meeting! We hope all the Roanoke guys can make it also!

manderx
09/08/2004, 01:01 PM
hey, where about in chuchville are you and how long have you been there? i have/had a fair amount of family up there- my mom grew up on a farm (that's now a housing development) between buffalo gap and churchville, just past that farm that has the jousting posts in their front field. my grandmother (Katherine Jordan) lives in the second door down towards town from chester farm.

i'm probably going to be visiting up there sooner than later, i can bring some frags of stuff (i have xenia and zoo polyps that i give to everyone) if you want to meet up.

what sort of tank do you have?

WILDTHING
09/08/2004, 09:04 PM
Manderx, wow talk about a small world! I'm on 42 towards Buffalo Gap. I've been here for about 9 yrs now.

I had a 200g for about 4 yrs but I found it to be too much work and time so I broke it down. I've been reefless for about 3 yrs now and am again itching to get back in. I'm thinking to go pretty simple, no sps or anything fancy. A 55g with 4 65w PC's

It would be great if you stopped by while in the area. I could use all the pointers I can get. Its funny, even though its only been a few years since I had reefer madness, so many things have changed and so many new ideas to digest. I'm a newbie all over again.lol

mbort
09/09/2004, 08:15 AM
After some of my recent misfortunes, I have very seriously considered getting out of the hobby completely, despite all of the time, effort, and $ I have invested. But then I go to the pet store and see 10 things I want, and know that if I tear down the tank, I would be setting up a new one within a year.

I just wish I would not have been on vacation during that long power outage!

WILDTHING
09/10/2004, 12:35 AM
mbort,I'm sorry to hear that you have had a hard time. What happened?

mbort
09/10/2004, 08:42 AM
Long Power outage when I was on vacation, triggered a chain reaction of events (but during the outage I lost all of my acros and fish)

WILDTHING
09/10/2004, 09:11 AM
Wow,I'm sorry to hear that, I can't imagine comming home to such a disaster. No wonder you'r "on the line" about continueing.