PDA

View Full Version : twfields79

Scottm
09/05/2004, 11:53 AM
Tim ,

Here is a concept drawing on your 2 part sump. Each side is 12.5 x 12.5 x 17.5 so standing on end they will fit through your stand doors. Once inside you can install the bulkheads and get some flex tube or other fittings of your choice to connect the two sides.
The left is the refugium. Water enters in the rear corner box, flows over the top and exits via the two 1" bulkheads into the sump side. On the sump side the left chamber is the return area and the right is a space where you can run your backpack skimmer and put a heater, then the obvious bubble trap. Any of this can be modified to your liking but this should get you started.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/scottm091/twfields79/side-view-assy-2-web.jpg

twfields79
09/05/2004, 03:06 PM
Scott looks wonderful!!! Dude you are pretty talented, this is exactly what I was wanting. So you see no problem with it fitting in the stand huh? Like I wrote you in the e-mail I will probably not be able to purchase it for a couple of months so hang on to the plans. And also do you know the exact amount of this so that I will have a figure in mind while saving.

twfields79
09/05/2004, 03:18 PM
Also what pump would you suggest running for return? I have a RIO 1700, but I am not sure if this will be powerful enough. Maybe a mag 5?

Scottm
09/05/2004, 05:52 PM
Provided you gave me accurate dimensions on the openings into your stand and depth of the inside it will fit. I'll get you an exact cost via email - I'm probably pushing my luck here on RC already with this. As far as a return pump - give me some idea what kind of head you will have in the plumbing and an idea what your overflow device will be and I can make a suggestion on that.