PDA

View Full Version : Bad News Everyone

firefish2020
09/04/2004, 09:37 PM
Three nights ago I cut my rare coral, known to you all as the mystery coral. All went well both mother colony and daughter were doing great. Today I returned home to find the rock the frag was on to be devoid of any trace of the frag! I am not happy about this at all. I will not cut this coral again until the original cut heals up. Long story short the mystery coral wont be making it's debut at Meeting #4 after all :( At best we will have a frag by the December meeting, what a gift it will make though LOL :D I have not given up the search yet but it looks pretty bleak at this point. However you need not get to discouraged by the news, as we will be bringing in another more rare coral to take it's place. We'll see you there.

Thanks,
Ron

pappygonefishin2002
09/05/2004, 06:28 AM
Wow Bummer, Hate hearing that Ron, at least you still have the mother colony so life goes on!
My 2 week vacation was also disasterous, my awesome alvepora gone, several zenia, the tree coral I got from you and a couple of my morph zoos ...... Bummer Bummer Bummer

MattG
09/05/2004, 07:17 AM
vacations are a killer....sorry to hear about both of your corals.

MattG
09/05/2004, 07:19 AM
ok so now im wandering whats the more rare coral :D

pappygonefishin2002
09/05/2004, 08:36 AM
The Rare one made it , will be at swap luckily

coralreefer
09/05/2004, 09:43 AM
Ummm Matt don't say that...you know I'm going to the beach this Friday :beachbum: and I'm already jinxed:

Yesterday I was driving Dad's car (over 2 weeks now without transportation...at least we are in the putting parts back on the 4-runner now :rolleyes: ) and got hit by a car running a stop sign :sad2: knocked the rear wheel into the strut housing so we're now sharing borrowed S-10. Did I mention his car is the one we're taking to the beach :(

Ivan, the newest hurricane, could potentially turn and invade our beach and I've got a "virgin" signed on as a tank sitter :twitch: so DON'T make me stress out about the tanks.

Bummer Pappy but it sounds like it could have been worse. I may have missed this but did you ever ID your "rare" coral?

Matt if you get a hint about what the more rare might be you"ll share right? You know I can keep a secret ;)

firefish2020
09/08/2004, 02:34 PM
"Bob" is the more rare coral ;)

MattG
09/08/2004, 02:38 PM
i thought bob is what you were planning on bringing before. im completely lost???

pappygonefishin2002
09/08/2004, 04:20 PM
nope never ID as of yet!

coralreefer
09/08/2004, 04:43 PM
Ummmm, Ron youName your corals :lol2:

Pappy if you ever get a pic of the "mystery coral" post it in Eric's forum.
I forget is it soft or hard? *sigh* I mean the coral :cool:

firefish2020
09/08/2004, 07:17 PM
Matt,
Bob is the one I fragged that got lost in the tank somewhere but I have a 2nd fairly rare coral that will make up for it till Decembers meet.

I only named one coral, it deserved a real name LOL.