PDA

View Full Version : Completely Off-topic here...

Daddyo
09/01/2004, 09:43 PM
Sorry to intrude upon your subforum like this, but I just had some quick questions for you Virginians.

What's the tech sector like in Norfolk and/or the surrounding areas? (Richmond, etc...) I've been looking through houses in the area and am amazed at what I can get for the money. I'm in SoCal, so your prices are half of what I see here, with actual yards to boot.

Anyhow, just wondering what your neck of the woods is like. Just getting a feel for where I want to lay some roots. I've been in SoCal since the day I was born, time to live it up somewhere else.

gregvabch
09/02/2004, 01:43 AM
lots of military/defense contracts; aircraft electronics, shipboard nav/radar. what's your speciality?

Daddyo
09/02/2004, 09:41 AM
My area of expertise is healthcare. Lots of large hospitals in the area?

gregvabch
09/02/2004, 10:52 AM
there are hospitals, you service the equipment? a friend of mine is in that field living in california too. he works for ge medical i believe, you're doing something similar?

Daddyo
09/02/2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by gregvabch
there are hospitals, you service the equipment? a friend of mine is in that field living in california too. he works for ge medical i believe, you're doing something similar?

I'm in the IT section of healthcare, mostly server and LAN hardware management.

Gamefightr
09/02/2004, 03:55 PM
evms is here, norfolk general, leigh memorial, bayside hospital, virginia beach general. de paul hospital. all that stuff.

Gamefightr
09/02/2004, 03:56 PM
oh portsmouth naval hopsital too.

waterlily
09/02/2004, 08:55 PM
Don't forget Children's Hospital - my favorite place!

Daddyo
09/04/2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Definitely something I'll look into in the future.