PDA

View Full Version : Curious Wormfish care

bf
10/24/2001, 09:14 PM
I bought two Curious Wormfish (gunnellichthys curiosis) at the LFS, misidentified as "eel blenny" which they said would eat frozen brine shrimp, etc. Of course, they don't, they don't eat live ones either, or even seem to care that there is food around. One of them managed to jump out of the tank and now there is only one. It's a beautiful, weird little fish. Anyone know what it needs?

Winged Ocean
10/28/2001, 12:18 AM
I bought one of these myself the other day and know little of how to care for it. One article I read on them said they eat zooplankton and the other said brine and such. All that my fish has done is lay within the sand with his head just bearly poked out of the sand. He *was* beautiful, but now I see very little of him. I'm HOPING that with time he will swim around more so I can enjoy his looks. And IF he is eating, I have NO idea. I too have been trying to find someone who has had some lenghty experience with this fish, but so far no go. Good Luck.

bf
10/28/2001, 11:31 AM
My fish comes out once a day around 3pm for a little while, then goes away. I've seen him eat one live brine shrimp. Post here if you find out any info about them. I can't seem to find any myself either.