PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant Seahorse?!

Hedonist
09/01/2004, 07:46 AM
I have not done the pregnancy test to confirm but I believe my seahorse is pregnant!!!!!

This kinda makes me nervous to say the least...

Not sure if I want to attempt to raise them at home or not... wish I was retired and had more time on my hands!!!!

Denise

Rob, do you still have a culture of greenwater going?

spotfin
09/01/2004, 05:20 PM
Congratulations Denise! Is this the male that hangs out by himself?

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/02/2004, 04:34 AM
congrats is he the proud mom or pop ?

Hedonist
09/02/2004, 06:48 AM
Uh-Ohhh I may have spoken too soon!!! I think he was just bragging, showing the girls he would be a great dad!!! Today he is not so bloated....and I see no babies any where...

I was reading up and I read the males will fill their pouch with water to strut his stuff to the females and other males......

who knows, maybe he impressed a female and he will soon truley be preggo...

dg

Ewan
09/03/2004, 10:02 PM
I've always got greenwater going if you need some. I can spare 2L at almost any time. Double that in a couple of days.

No rotifers as of late... I'd need a 3 week notice to get a decent culture going. As little as one week if I get a live culture from a BRS member (Bidari has helped me in the past).

If you do end up with baby seahorses someday, let me know, and I'd be more than happy to provide as much live food as necessary.

FWIW, Greg Hiller has raised countless seahorses, and would likely be able to answer any questions. Jen and I were fortunate enough to see some juveniles the last time we visited. In my humble opinion, it would be well worth it to raise them. They're amazing!

But you say it's likely another male strutter, huh? Figures. :D

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/04/2004, 05:25 AM
i use to be a male strutter also a long time ago !

Ewan
09/04/2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by SOMEthinsFISHY
i use to be a male strutter also a long time ago !

LOL!

Do you listen to KISS as well? I can't get that song outta my head now.

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/04/2004, 01:57 PM
NO kiss and tell 4 me !