PDA

View Full Version : Howdy All

reefnewbee
08/30/2004, 08:43 AM
Hey guys,

I'll be here in Sin City for the week and was wondering if you could recommend some LFS and such for viewing and just overall killing time?

TIA

Shawn

orionsmamma
08/30/2004, 11:37 AM
IMO, they are not really worth your time. Do a search on LFS on this forum, there is a thread going into more detail about it.

EvilInSin
08/30/2004, 12:37 PM
Well our LFs are nothing great seriously.
However if you will be on or around the strip here is a link to a list of things you can visit.

Here (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=396559)

For LFS we do have :
Green Valley Aquarium ~ Large store mostly fish and some interesting ones at that!
Tropaquarium ~ Also mostly fish but I think is closest to the strip being its on Trop. (I always assume people stay on the strip)
Tropical Expressions ~ small store but great people and always something to look at.
ATM ~ large warehouse looking store nice display tanks.
ATM 2 ~ smaller store Very nice display tank
FISH ~ small store dont care for it at all.

the above is one reefers opnions!
If you check our phone book or better yet any online yellow pages (like on Yahoo just use las vegas as the city) you can get the address's and maps.

I hope you have a great trip! :D

TippyToeX
08/30/2004, 03:56 PM
I have to agree with the two above. :)

I'd rather see you have a good time visiting the marine/reef attractions along the strip in the link EvilInSin linked you to.

Have a safe trip and good time during your visit Shawn. :beer:

reefnewbee
08/30/2004, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the tips!

LVfishguy
09/01/2004, 09:31 AM
I think that you are all spoiled with the stores here believe it or not! I just got back from Colorado and I hit a few stores and I might have it the wrong ones but, My store is A LOT better then the ones that I went too. I met some good people in one store but the fish selection in most was at best a third of what GVA has and one store some corals other than mushrooms and leathers...

TippyToeX
09/01/2004, 08:53 PM
I was spolied by Northern Cali. :D Now that had some LFS!