PDA

View Full Version : The aptisia eating Nudibranches

Doan
08/29/2004, 05:56 PM
I am going to appologize up front. I don't remember who it is but I know someone here is rasing them. If I could buy one I would be real greatful. One of my tanks is being completly overun by aptasia. It seems that they are even growing immune to the stuff I keep zapping them with. They really don't even flinch anymore. So if ther is one of them for sale I have a tank with about 20 aptesia that I would love to unleash one of them on :)

Thanks

Doan

musicsmaker
08/29/2004, 06:08 PM
The guy you are probably thinking of is Anthony Calfo. He is/was raising them on large scale. If you have a look in the selling forums here on RC there were some people offering them up for sale in there.

wee-reefer
08/29/2004, 07:32 PM
And, if you need it, Kelly has my syringes and needles (for kalk). But do try the nudibranchs first, being mindful to keep them near their food, lest they get really really hungry and croak. :)

pixburg-reefer
08/29/2004, 09:36 PM
lol, yes yes im getting their...or i was, until it exploaded to like 5x's more than i had! but im just going to give them back cuz they just arnt working for me any more. i need to get some too.
Kelly

wee-reefer
08/29/2004, 09:41 PM
Don't worry about it :) I ran out fo heroine a LOOOOOOOONG time ago.....<big grin> I don't need them back yet. Jen

pixburg-reefer
08/29/2004, 09:46 PM
YET??? YET??? NO, i think it's safest if i dont give them back ;)
yes yes i know i have kept them weeeeelllllll over my time i was supposed to have them. ill bring it to the next meeting for you. i just cant win the battle. :( i mean, every time i inject one, it doesnt die all the way, then i have 10 more small ones. so now i have more than i had before but they are all smaller. I hate these things!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

wee-reefer
08/29/2004, 09:48 PM
Have you tryed peppermint shrimp? I can't remember if you have or not.

pixburg-reefer
08/29/2004, 09:55 PM
yeppers. they picked at my corals. Maybe ill just set up that other tank (thanks Bill!!!!!!!!!!!) and put some rock in their and starve them to eat it. maybe. i dont like shrimp, they just creep me out, and i dont think they are reef safe but i have tried them. They piked on my featherdusters too, and didnt even attempt to eat the aptasias. :mad:
Kelly

musicsmaker
08/29/2004, 09:58 PM
Not to be insulting, but are you sure they weren't camel shrimp?

Steven Pro
08/30/2004, 06:16 AM
Keep in mind, you can't just dump these guys into your tank,
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/ac/feature/index.htm

pixburg-reefer
08/30/2004, 03:21 PM
im insulted! naw i know that they are confused togeather some times. no i know that mine were peppermint shrimp. I used to have camel shrimp when i set my tank up but i didnt like them. Anyway, they peps never picked at the anemones but they did pick at my corals and featherdusters.
Thanks steve, ill read that article that anthony wrote. :D
i have about maybe a good 100 or so in my tank, that i can count. more in the back i'm sure
Kelly

Doan
09/11/2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah I tried a peppermint shrimp.. It lasted about uhh 3 seconds after I took my hand away from him for my trigger to uhhhh lets just say introduce himself... You know how some people in the forums say things like .. "my trigger never touches anything or my puffer hangs out with my cleaner shrimp"??? Yeah .. turns out mine don't nor do they like snails. The only thing that seems to be able to hold it's own in there are the hermits and the zoas and the encrusting gorgonian and the geen stars... It's very strange they apparently don't like mobile creatures however immobile ones are fine..

Doan

wee-reefer
09/11/2004, 05:52 PM
Sup! MY trigger never touched shrimp! :) I don't even have one! Seriously, get my syringes off of Kelly, and start pumping them full of kalk.

Doan
09/12/2004, 08:13 AM
:)

pixburg-reefer
09/12/2004, 10:11 AM
that's right come take them from me :) im done with them they just dont work for me, i need to get a butterfly or something. I dont know what im going to do yet
Kelly