PDA

View Full Version : Moving Away! Tank Must Go!

K9
08/27/2004, 07:39 PM
I'm moving out of my house in 20 days and unfortunately MUST sell my 30 gallon reef tank. I will not sell anything individually. The buyer must purchase everything together and must pick up from my house in Pembroke Pines. I do not have plastic bags or containers either, so you must bring your own. I will however gladly help break down the tank to assure that everything is packed carefully and safely.

The tank and all equipment is only 6 months old or less (the VHO lights are only 2 months old!). I have paid over $750 for everything below, but will sacrifice and sell for $450 or best offer. All reasonalbe offers will be considered! $450 would normally only buy you the tank/stand/canopy, lights, and live rock. It's like getting the other equipment and all of the livestock for free! This setup would be a perfect first reef or added to a larger existing reef!

If you're interested, please email me at: tedgiro@yahoo.com or PM me here at Reef Central.

See pictures on my Web site (http://www.reeflect.com/gallery.html).

Your $450 includes EVERYTHING below:

-30g AGA tank (only 6mos old; no cracks, no leaks)
-Custom wood stand/canopy (painted glossy black)
-190w VHO lights (1 50/50, 1 actinic)
-35lbs Fiji liverock (all completely purple!)
-40lbs CaribSea Aragonite sand
-two Maxi-Jet 600 powerheads
-one Maxi-Jet 1200 powerhead (new in box!)
-150w Ebo-Jager heater
-Mag-Float glass cleaner (the medium-sized one)
-five baseball-sized Finger Leather corals (ready to swap!)
-one softball-sized neon green Open Brain coral
-one colony (about 50-60 polyps) green/purple zoanthids
-several large green hairy mushrooms
-several purple hairy mushrooms
-one rock w/15 large purple/green Ricordia polyps
-one 3" White-striped Maroon Clownfish
-one 3" Six-Line Wrasse (eats flake foods!)
-one Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (molts every two weeks)
-two golfball-sized Turbo Snails
-a few Scarlet Reef Hermits
-enough Oceanic salt to make at least 25-30 gallons of saltwater
-one Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Saltwater Master Test Kit (only used about 15-20 times)
-a floating thermometer

Thank you!

tperk9784
08/28/2004, 06:48 AM
Ever hear of the boy who cried wolf?

Sorry but I could not resist.

Tim

K9
08/28/2004, 08:10 AM
Yeah, I knew I'd hear some crap about this, but I'm really moving and really can't take the tank with me. I get an email whenever someone replies to this thread and I'm hoping it's a prospective buyer, so please no more jokes or wasteful posts. Thanks! :thumbsup:.

aiber
09/20/2004, 04:12 PM
tperk9784,
I am sorry , you lost me. What did you mean?

aiber

K9
09/23/2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by aiber
tperk9784,
I am sorry , you lost me. What did you mean?

aiber He was being a wise-***. You see, I had offered to sell my tank a couple times before now, then ended up keeping it in the end. So he means that I'm the boy who cried "Wolf!" now since I've had the tank for sale before, then eventually took it off the market.

K9
09/25/2004, 09:18 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that the tank is still for sale.

The price for everything above is now $400 or best offer.

I'm using the money from the sale of the tank to pay the pet deposit for the dog I'm getting, so I can't go much lower than that, but I will negotiate. If you're interested, send an email to tedgiro at yahoo dot com. By the way, I'm in Plantation now, so you'll have to come here to pick up the tank instead of Pembroke Pines as previously mentioned.

I hope everyone is staying safe during the storm, especially the people up in Stuart, FL. Best wishes to all.

K9
11/01/2004, 11:02 AM
TANK IS SOLD!

Thanks to Jonathan from Plantation! Hope you enjoy it!

jfrank
11/23/2004, 05:42 PM
Ted, just letting you know that the tank is going well. Had one casualty in the movinng process. Shrimp was barely alive by the time i got him home... not sure what happened there. But other than that, everything is thriving! I'm on my way to reef life to pick up another shrimp now:)

Ludwigia73
11/24/2004, 10:00 PM
Jfrank, would you be willing to sell the black fleshy limpit? He's cool!

K9
11/25/2004, 01:02 AM
Hey Jonathan,

Glad to hear the tank is doing well (except for the Cleaner Shrimp...R.I.P.). Let me know if you ever have any questions. You have my email address.

Ludwigia73,

I originally got that Shield Limpet as a 1/2" long hitchhiker on some Fiji Liverock I got from the Beverly's Pet Center on Pines Blvd. and University Dr. He's about 2" long in the pics on my Web site. They're a pretty common hitchhiker on Fiji Liverock and do a great job eating algae (similar to Turbo Snails), so if Jonathan won't sell him to you, pick up a couple pieces and you might get lucky.

jfrank
11/27/2004, 07:59 PM
Ludwigia73,

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to keep the tank as is for now.

Hey Ted (or anybody else), any idea on how to fix up the sand algae situation? I'm slowly switching over to RO/DI. I added a small clean up crew of 10 Margarita snails and 10 other little crabs (that I can't remember the name of for the life of me) from Dania reef life. I put a phosphate remover bag in the bottom of a rio 200 to try to get the phosphate down to 0 even though it's only at .2 right now. It's also supposed to pull out silicate. Also put the recommended dose of "Prime" in there at Reef Life's recommendation. Finally got another Cleaner shrimp back in there. Also put a little firefish in there that's is doing great. But the sand is still lightly dusted with algae. Any thoughts?

The Prime and Phosphate sponge are new additions so they might yet still work but any other ideas?