PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis

spotfin
08/27/2004, 07:22 PM
Anyone been in this store yet? I stopped by last night on way to Kenny Chesney (anyone else go the show? It was awesome!) but it was closed. Looked in the window, still looks bare in there. The hours are tues-sat 11 am to 6 pm, sunday noon to 5 (I think), and closed monday.

cabin
08/29/2004, 07:26 PM
Yes, I stopped in this Friday. The store is very nicely done, still lightly stocked, but looking promising. I asked the owner how business was going, and she said it had only been two weeks, during a traditionally slow time in the marine hobby, and she had no actual numbers yet. She had a good supply of books, the new Corals magazine, DT phytoplankton, frozen foods, healthy-looking fish and a small supply of corals. Tubs of Tropic Marin salt, live sand, Carib Sea aragonite, etc.

jarofmilk
09/01/2004, 04:21 PM
where is it?

spotfin
09/01/2004, 05:17 PM
It's located in Portland, near the Maine Mall on the airport end. The street address in 50 Maine Mall Road. As you head towards the airport from the mall, the store is on your right just before the intersection.

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/13/2004, 06:20 AM
HEY cabin try to get her to come to a meeting !:eek2: :rollface:

spotfin
09/13/2004, 06:37 PM
We stopped in saturday on the way back from MACNA. Very nice lady. She will post our flyer and spread the word for us. She is pretty busy but I think would try to make it up.

SOMEthinsFISHY
09/14/2004, 01:55 AM
WELL that is good a fresh face to add to mine !

onecoder
10/01/2004, 07:29 AM
I just picked up a new piece of LR, 17 pounds. She has some in the display tanks that she will sell this one had a huge amount of growth on it. Small anemone, lots of others and some polyps I think, waiting to see.
Also got a small about 1-1.5 inch maxima (only $40)
And a nice looking pink Kenya Tree Coral (Capnella sp.) .

She does not have a lot in the store yet, and the weather in the Florida / gulf coast / Caribbean is not allowing her to get much in at a time. She is planning on adding some new tanks I think close to 10 or 12 more. The store is bright clean and she has a lot of books and dry goods.

I think it will be a good addition to the Portland area. Nice to have competition.