PDA

View Full Version : gflat

danieljames
08/27/2004, 04:59 AM
Wanted to run this by you. You know that blue skinned digi you brought me? About an inch piece of it had broken off. How i don't know, but it sat at the base of the frag for about 4 days. I just super glued it back to the main colony last night...and this morning the piece that had broken off is much bluer than the main colony. The whole skin is now a light blue....with the main colony being the same as when you brought it, except for the growing tips. they are the same blue as the piece that broke off. Why do you think?

Another interresting thing...you know that ball of zoa's i have that is brown with mint green centers? twice now i've noticed that it "poops" with the right half first. The right half (almost a perfect slice of the colony) all close and expel...then they open and then the left close and expel. Weird huh? This happens in the first few hours of the photo period. I thought that was very wierd.....

fishdoc11
08/27/2004, 09:44 AM
One thing that could be happening with the digi is that sometimes when corals change color under different conditions(light,waterflow,nutrient conc. etc...) the growing portion or fragged pieces are the first/only parts to change. The zoos almost sound like a spawning event.
Chris

gflat65
08/27/2004, 07:17 PM
Yeah. What fishdoc said:) That would be another interesting thing to document if they are spawning. That is pretty quick for a color cahnge on the digi, but it is probably due to those monster lights you have. Especially if you are running the 20K. They should color up really nice. The 'ORA German Blue digi' that is almost stark white should color up very nicely. When I go it, the skin was kind of dark brown and the polyps were an awesome blue. Not at all resembling the white and faint blue color that you got when I brought them over. I still haven't gotten my Blue tip digis to color back up. They are starting to, but haven't made a whole lot of progress yet. When they do, they will look very nice. The grape digis (the ones that actually had some color when I brought it to you) will turn more purple, but not as purple as the purple digi you already have.

danieljames
08/28/2004, 02:30 AM
yeah. I implied that it changed overnight. It sat at the base of the frag for several days. I'm sure thats where the change took place. This was a large branch from the frag. Not just a growing tip. That white one i'm still waiting on. Thats one of my favorites actually. I've never seen a pure white digi before...polyps, skin and all. I love it....thanks for the replies.

fishdoc11
08/28/2004, 08:41 AM
Daniel,
Your pm box is full.
Chris

reewik
08/28/2004, 09:16 AM
Yeah, Empty that thing!!!LOL

danieljames
08/28/2004, 12:51 PM
sorry. Didn't realize sent items counted....lol.