PDA

View Full Version : They let you rednecks keep coral?

piercho
08/25/2004, 09:09 PM
In what, the horse trough on the back 40, circulated with the Minn Kota?

Oakland High School, 1981. Currently living in the NorthWest end of Washington State on Puget Sound. Presently eating cornbread and sipping George Dickel. I remember when the fish stores in Middle Tennessee consisted of a place to buy Guppies on Memorial in Murfreesboro!

GREETINGS!!

fishdoc11
08/25/2004, 09:22 PM
I use a Motor Guide thank you:-) FWIW there still aren't any good fish stores in the Boro.
Chris

boofer
08/25/2004, 09:36 PM
and to think all this time I thought we were called Hillbillys :)

cwegescheide
08/25/2004, 09:37 PM
Yeah I hear for every SPS you buy they give you a free can of "Dip" LMAO... Just kiddin you hicks...

I hear some do-it-yourselfers down there made a calcium reactor out of a corn cobs :bum: (closest to a corncob pipe I could find)

What the heck is George Dickel?? Like Boones Farms??

:)

fishdoc11
08/25/2004, 10:17 PM
Hey, you can't make fun of us unless you ARE one of us. Although my wife is from Indy and has to put up with my yankee jokes:-)
Chris

jslomo420
08/25/2004, 10:38 PM
you've been gone to long if you're drinkin' Dickel, Jack is the man!!

Sir Knight
08/25/2004, 10:50 PM
I'm the worst kind of Yankee. I was born in NJ and played country music with another Jersey Boy and I'm driven my life away.
After 22 years I'm back in town(Thank God!) but I play the blues now.

piercho
08/26/2004, 01:29 AM
What the heck is George Dickel??
Tennessee sour mash whiskey, made in Middle Tennessee, not too far from the Jack distillery. Get pickeled with the Dickel!
you've been gone to long I miss bugging for smallmouth on the East fork of the Stones, but that's about it. Sure don't miss those chiggers and pin-head ticks from walking the woods when I was a kid.

kevlouie
08/26/2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by piercho
Tennessee sour mash whiskey, made in Middle Tennessee, not too far from the Jack distillery. Get pickeled with the Dickel!
I miss bugging for smallmouth on the East fork of the Stones, but that's about it. Sure don't miss those chiggers and pin-head ticks from walking the woods when I was a kid.

We have indoor plumbing and tele-phones now too! George and Jack are good friends of mine. ;) (oh yeah the NFL and NHL too) :D Opryland was replaced by a mall though, what were they thinking? :rolleyes: The smallmouth are still there I caught some near Readyville not long ago, but my main smallmouth fishing creek is the Turnbull over near Dickson.

ol'salty
08/26/2004, 04:44 PM
I think I may convert my 3500 gallon Koi pond into a reef pool...will it work?

rcmike
08/26/2004, 09:25 PM
Fer Smallmouth y'all er need'n a go da Dale Holler.

piercho
08/27/2004, 07:21 PM
The smallmouth are still there I caught some near Readyville not long ago I use to float that big crescent between the old Readyville dam and Goochie (sp?) ford a lot. For the longest time you could pull a car right up to the river, just below the dam, drop in a boat, float to the ford, and walk back to your car. My favorite late-summer smallmouth spots are actually some feeder creeks to the Stones shallow enough to wade, but I couldn't give out the location of those to just anyone ;) . Last time I was home, I tried fishing a few old spots and the pull-outs to access the river are now fenced and/or posted. The river seems more eutrophic and warmer than it was 20 years back, too. Lots more houses and what's with that big new highway headed out to Woodbury? Disappointing to see things change like that, but I guess you can't stop progress.