PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Mac's

desert_reefer
08/25/2004, 03:19 PM
Has anyone ordered from them before? I was browsing their site and noticed they have club discounts on rock or coral orders. Now I'm still trying to scrape the money up for live rock and all, but I remember a few people wanting some live rock a few weeks ago. What do ya'll think about a group order on rock in a month or two?
Jeff

dallast
08/25/2004, 04:35 PM
no experience with them yet, but i do like their livestock and they seem to have a fairly good reputation.

don't need any real amount of live rock at moment, but if an order is made, might jump in with some livestock orders!

Desert Fish
08/25/2004, 05:30 PM
If you are interested in live rock I can talk to you at the meeting I will be going to LA on the following Sunday

opihi
08/25/2004, 06:13 PM
i'd be in on a livestock order too. Dr. Mac gets some nice pieces if you can catch them at the right time.

but it'll have to be next month or later. i've already depleted my "reefing budget". trades anyone? :D

TippyToeX
08/26/2004, 03:35 AM
Gary, I will talk to you about getting some good Fiji rock (need some quite badly) if the offer still stands after you see us all sauced up with pizza and beer. :p

I am also in on a Dr. Mac order. He can get some amazing LPS. :)

desert_reefer
08/26/2004, 08:12 AM
I'm not sure if I will be able to make it or not, still trying to talk the wife into it. My reefing budget is gone too, so it won't be for at least a month.
Jeff

EvilInSin
08/26/2004, 10:17 AM
Ok now I gotta look up Dr. Mac to see what his livestock is! does he have nice rics and zoas? I bet I end up with a boreing tank with my 2 track mind.

opihi
08/26/2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by EvilInSin
Ok now I gotta look up Dr. Mac to see what his livestock is! does he have nice rics and zoas? I bet I end up with a boreing tank with my 2 track mind.

boring? hardly. have you seen this tank (http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/totm/index.htm) ?

EvilInSin
08/26/2004, 01:28 PM
ooo thanks for the link thats kinda what I am going for with ours.

and I found the link to mac's and I would be in on a livestock order too maybe next month or so