PDA

View Full Version : frag trading this weekend?

opihi
08/24/2004, 11:08 PM
Anyone wanna do some trading this weekend?

i've got chaeto, some strombus snails (great algae eaters, proliferate like crazy), orange cap, kenya tree frags & green frogspawn available.

i'm looking for zoanthids, ricordea or SPS i don't have.

maybe you all can post what you have here. :)

the Undone guy
08/25/2004, 08:45 AM
i've got some xenia! hahahaha

EvilInSin
08/25/2004, 09:42 AM
hmm I think too soon for us but we will have some Zoa's and rics hopefully by next month or the one after. It depends on how happy I think the rics are before I try to split them. I dont want to lose any.
The Zoa's are very unhappy now because of our tank changing. They dont like where they are sitting now while waiting to move over. What they should look like, most of em anyway there are a few brown/orange we have too.
http://images6.fotki.com/v98/photos/2/223768/1232284/2004_0909fuji10019-vi.jpg

opihi
08/25/2004, 10:18 AM
Dusty: those look yummy! definitely let me know when you're ready to trade those. :D btw, where did you get them?

EvilInSin
08/25/2004, 10:27 AM
tropaquarium, seems like most of our corals are from them.
the rock it came on is too big and too many of them so hubby broke it into smaller pieces we have two smaller ones and the big one now. they are very small polyps tho.

VegasMike
08/25/2004, 10:35 AM
Jeff,

I am having to frag out a Sarmentosa that has started to STN on me. It's kind of a bright green with buish tips. I hope to do this tonight and I don't like to give out frags until I am sure they have started to encrust so in another month or two I should have some great frags.

Mike

opihi
08/25/2004, 10:37 AM
bummer on the STN, Mike. i still owe you a nice frag, but my SPS is growing sooooo slooooowww. :(

dallast
08/25/2004, 12:31 PM
jeff, i love frogspawn!

i've got some (lots, really) fuzzy green shrooms, blue shrooms, a couple red shrooms, three different types of gorgonians that are growing great, xenia (of course) and maybe some zoos i can piece off the branch (bright green and orange).

we might want to find out if round table will have a problem with this (freak out other customers and such)?

opihi
08/25/2004, 12:44 PM
hey dallas,
i'll trade ya the frogspawn for some of those zoos if they don't look exactly like these (http://home.earthlink.net/~jeffhee/livestock.htm). you can see a pic of the frogspawn in my gallery.

we can do the trade after the meeting. just leave your frags in your car in a cooler. they'll be fine for more than a few hours.

j

EvilInSin
08/25/2004, 03:13 PM
look how different these are now. I think they need more light.

With flash
http://images6.fotki.com/v101/photos/2/223768/1232284/0409250007-vi.jpg
With out flash
http://images6.fotki.com/v102/photos/2/223768/1232284/0409250008-vi.jpg
I could prob make 2 frags out of the one clump you think? dont really know how to "frag" tho.

opihi
08/25/2004, 03:17 PM
actually, they look the same without flash as they did in the first pic. very pretty!

there are a couple ways to frag them, breaking the rock is one way, the other is to carefully peel a portion of the mat free from the rock. maybe amy will pipe in here.

are you interested in trading for anything i listed above?

dallast
08/25/2004, 04:30 PM
jeff,
here is a pic of my zoos (and fuzzy green shrooms). you tell me if you like and yes, how do you frag (amy)? also a few snails would be nice as well (and a tiny bit of macro).

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/5619my_zoos3.jpg

i love the frogspawn so please hold!

i like frags of most anything really....that means anyone. can't wait till meeting!

EvilInSin
08/25/2004, 05:20 PM
Jeff, I also like the frogspawn, but cant take any yet because the new tank is still cycleing. I think. I got 0 amonia, trites but it never got high so I'm just letting it go for the rest of the month. will you have some Frogspawn later too? we cant do any sps cause we dont have enuf light imo.
Anyway I guess I will wait till the meeting in Sept. then I can swap you all some Zoo's and maybe some ric's.

If you really want it now Jeff I will see about getting hubby to get a frag off the Zoa's now for a trade later?
Did that make sense to you?

Dallas I LIKE your Zoa's very pretty all of them!
I want to make a rock of Zoas with hundreds of different colors of Zoas on it someday. you look like you have a good start there!

opihi
08/25/2004, 06:22 PM
Dallas, for a few polyps of each type, i'll trade the fs, chaeto, snails & my first born. ...okay, you probably wouldn't want to have to deal with the result of my mutant genetics, so we'll just stick to the corals :)

Dusty, you can have a fs frag anytime you're ready. if you bring a zoo frag sunday i'll gladly accept it. if not, whenever you're ready is fine. fwiw, it's quite possible that your tank cycled overnight, using LR &/or water from a previous tank will do that. this frogspawn is pretty resilient, and it's worth a try if you're willing. i would also give you another frag if yours didn't make it for some reason. up to you :)

sealife
08/25/2004, 06:37 PM
where are you going to trade at and if i can make it i will have green stag purple cap brown dig tan dig green dig green cap pink dig and some zoos and if any one has any rare sps i can get some of mine out to trade

opihi
08/25/2004, 06:41 PM
hey sealife,
we're planning to trade after our meeting this sunday. check the sticky post at the top of the forum.

what's the difference between a brown dig & tan one? ;) just kidding. you should light those pieces up and see what they change into. wouldn't be surprised if they became purple & orange.

later!

TippyToeX
08/26/2004, 03:28 AM
Hmmm... frags..

OMG, why all of the sudden to I hear Ron in my head?? What purple M. cap... what are you talking about!?! :lol:

Pssshhh.. I'll have frags kids. :D

Dallas, I need xenia! Hoook a girl up after the meeting? I'll buy you many a bottle of beer.

sealife
08/26/2004, 08:40 AM
opih i think that i nead to get more light on my tank all i have 2x400 mh and 540w of vho ona 100 gal haha the tan one came from graf 2 yr

EvilInSin
08/26/2004, 10:12 AM
Jeff sounds good
I will bring other frags of the same Zoas too if anyone else wants some. Wish I had more to trade but still new at this.

In the furture would anyone be interested in purple gorgonian fan frags? I cant tell if mine has grown but it sure seems big to me . Heck I dont even know if it can be fraged! anyone know about them? I'll post a pic and some info on another thread to see if anyone knows about them.

opihi
08/26/2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by sealife
opih i think that i nead to get more light on my tank all i have 2x400 mh and 540w of vho ona 100 gal haha the tan one came from graf 2 yr

dude, that's all? that's a lot of light! i used to run 2x250 DEs only on my old 100. just move the dig up higher or right under to the bulbs. i've found that dig is one of the highest light loving SPS corals. more so than some of the other more expensive goodies.

understand if you've got that real estate saved for some thing else though. after all, it's just dig.

EvilInSin
08/27/2004, 10:23 AM
I will also have a emerald crab if anyone wants one. He is a happy lil guy but I think we have too many.

sealife
08/27/2004, 04:08 PM
any one have any sps to trade or sell if so i will bring blue tort and some rare stuff

EvilInSin
08/27/2004, 06:43 PM
anyone want to tell me how we sould bring them? ziploc baggies? or just toss em into a cooler with water?

Nanighan
08/27/2004, 07:16 PM
Aaron how about selling some stuff?

orionsmamma
08/27/2004, 09:45 PM
I second what ron said. I may be interested in buying some stuff....My tank is just too new to be able to frag anything.

UNLESS......I do have some super rare extreamly hard to find Red Sea Pulsing Xenia :lmao:

EvilInSin
08/27/2004, 10:11 PM
Dallas can I still get in on that xenia too? please please please!

opihi
08/28/2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by EvilInSin
anyone want to tell me how we sould bring them? ziploc baggies? or just toss em into a cooler with water?

ziploc bags work in a pinch. put the frags in the ziploc bags and put them in a cooler to keep them at room temperature.

dallast
08/29/2004, 02:01 AM
i'm going to bring whatever i can. even though i have lots to trade, getting them fragged is another thing entirely. i once tried cutting some of my green shrooms off the rocks...ended up slicing and dicing them. but since they are so resilient, i ended up getting 5 new shrooms on the rock, where i wanted none!
so please do not be too judgemental of the "condition" of your frags -- just know they started out healthy!

there will be xenia for all, i can at least guarantee that:D

cheers!

TippyToeX
08/29/2004, 02:10 AM
Hey all. For those who were bring me frags I am going to have to pass this go around. Sorry but thanks!

I hope to still bring some but I wouldn't hold your breath. :( Sorry!

EvilInSin
08/29/2004, 11:57 AM
ok we got two pieces of zoas! the frag took us a bit because we were afraid to cut em but we got it!