PDA

View Full Version : looking for some macroalgae,rock in SE WI

superlazy
08/24/2004, 06:18 PM
Hi guy's
I'm In Kenosha and was wondering if anyone has some macro, base rock, or even a few cups of sand for sale for my new sump.
I'm on vacation this week but time is tight due to the sump and other obligations so I don't wan't to drive too far.
Thanks

nubreefer
09/08/2004, 06:42 PM
You can get macro cheap at some stores in the milwaukee area. Prolly around kenosha too, but I'm not too familiar with anything around there.

Red Reefet
09/09/2004, 10:23 PM
Hi. I used that live bagged stuff they sell at Petco in Kenosha in my sump. I set it up last week. So far so good. My mandrin is nice a fat. I got my macro from someone in Lake Geneva, but I've seen it on ebay under refugiums for around $20, sometimes it comes with sand, critters, etc. Also, check with Ken's I think it's called on 50. It's just east of Greenbay Rd. on the south side (looks like a house). Good luck.

superlazy
09/13/2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys,
I Think You mean Jims not Ken's. He hasn't been well the past few years so his wife is there most of the time. I know he had some in the sump under his perc. tank but his wife didn't know if he wanted to sell any or not. I'm on hold right now after the crash anyway.

Red Reefet
09/13/2004, 06:40 PM
Yes. It was Jim's. I couldn't remember the name. I can ask the guy in Lake Geneva for his RC name. You can contact him. Let me know when you're ready. Did your tank crash?

superlazy
09/15/2004, 05:29 PM
Thanks Lynnea
If you could find him I'd appreciate it.
Yea ,I crashed :( overnight at that. No warning just went belly up.

New_Noob
09/19/2004, 02:53 PM
I have Cheatomorpha im looking to get rid of, i also make base rock, and sell it, i could give you some sand from my fuge, but its brown play sand, (coulnt find SD in winter, and didnt want CC from the LFS)

puddingskin
09/20/2004, 05:22 PM
Try Havahart in Racine, on Hwy 20. They have all of the above. Should work for ya if you dont find anything else.

cichlidgeek345
09/21/2004, 09:38 AM
Edited, Steveo you have email..

Steveo

superlazy
09/21/2004, 04:14 PM
Hi Steveo
Thats good news.I'll send Ya a PM

tlalond
09/24/2004, 03:21 AM
i could spare some macroalgae and maybe some sand ,live sand you wouldnt possibly have any xenia or some very small frags i dont have much for corals.