PDA

View Full Version : Tank is Filling!

lanamarks
08/24/2004, 05:22 PM
Filling up tank!!! Got my RO/DI unit in the mail yesterday and started filling today. Have a DSB of Southdown and some base rock from HiRocks to start. As soon as I get it filled and the skimmer adjusted TBS her I come! :rollface:

Little Reefer Boy
08/25/2004, 12:29 PM
Congrats! I know you've been waiting for this moment a long, long time. :)

BTW, can you please type out how you're supposed to pronounce "weimaraner"? A couple of us have been having a debate about how it's pronounced, and we can't tell anything from dictionary.com.

Thanks.

lanamarks
08/25/2004, 06:37 PM
wime-ah-ron-er or wime-ah-rain-er are both pretty common so I don't know which is the technically correct one since people use both. Thanks for the congrats!

westernman89
09/10/2004, 08:57 AM
How's the tank coming along?

Eric West
OMAS

lanamarks
09/10/2004, 12:08 PM
well-everything looks good so far. Sandstorm is clear, top-off is working great, skimmer seems to be working okay although now that the sandstorm is clear it doesn't have much to skim so it's slowed down. Unfortunately I'm on hold on getting my live rock fromm TBS because of the hurricane. They told me yesterday that the water is so stirred up you can't see your hand in front of your face out there under the water. As soon as they can dive I'll have some rock. I need to take a picture or two without LR (there is some baserock right now). I'm so impatient to get some live rock! :) Thanks for asking and as soon as I get rock for sure I'll be posting again!

westernman89
09/16/2004, 04:35 PM
Great...I bet you're ready for that rock!

I believe the tank at the next meeting (September 21st) is a new tank. It might be a good idea to check it out since you're just starting, as well.

Eric

lanamarks
09/16/2004, 11:39 PM
Wish I could! Actually while I was waiting for the hurricanes to cease I found someone in Tulsa who is selling their tank and was willing to split it up (couldn't get it to sell as a sytstem) so I am going to go over in the next week and try to buy some of that. Its nice from the picture with lots of mushrooms and a few really nice corals in the tank. She has a lot more rock that I think she needs to sell so let me know if you know anyone that needs some. She also has a few huge toadstool leathers. I'm going to try and take one but she probably needs to sell the other as well(Also a anemone w/tomato clown and bicolor dotyback that need homes too I think). Thanks for the interest! :)