PDA

View Full Version : All Clowns... Same breeding methods?

Robdean2
10/21/2001, 01:32 AM
Everything I've read, so far, has (for the most part) been on Percula Clowns... pairing, spawning, rearing, etc.

What about the other Clowns? Same story?

Not planning to charge into breeding all species but any info. would be much appreciated! I'm a sponge!

FMarini
10/21/2001, 07:14 PM
Hey_
so first things first. If your gonna do any clownfish breeding and the resulting rotifer cultures. You have got to get joyce Wilkersons book "Clownfish". Its goes into great detail about breeding many of the clownfish species.
W/ that said...yes many of the common species breed identically and the fry need to be reared using the sames foods and cared for in a similar manner
good luck
frank

Robdean2
10/22/2001, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the reply!

It's, Kind-of, a coinsidence that I posted this. I've shopped for Ocellaris for two days now. (The fish stores, around here, lack selection and consistency.) Well, I found True Percs. but they were all the same size... but, at a chain pet store, I found a tank full of all different sized, very colorful, Tomatos. So, before I got your reply, I took a chance (it was my son's nap time and his patience was getting thin) and bought two of them.

I'm on my way to find the book now!

(BTW: You know, I've only been a member for a couple of days and, each time I've posted, I've received a reply the same or next day!)

Thanks again.