PDA

View Full Version : # of Fish

Brad Gardner
10/20/2001, 11:21 AM
I have a 16 gallon nano with about 25 pounds of rock and a 2.5 inch sand bed. I have one damsel (about inch), one clown (about an inch), three small hermits, four shrimp one feather duster. Can I add another fish about an inch?

Thanks,

NanoBrad

0dan0
10/20/2001, 11:25 PM
What kind of fish? (very very important)
A 1" clown goby is a much different story than say a 1" yellow tang.

-Dan

Brad Gardner
10/21/2001, 08:52 AM
Here we go again. Instead of someone answering a simple question, I get an obvious question to my simple question. What is the title of the forum? NANO. Why would I put a Tang in a NANO? Since this is the NANO forum, the fish I am adressing, would be SMALL, reef safe fish.

Thanks,

Brad

biomekanic
10/21/2001, 12:27 PM
Brad, the only thing assumptions make are problems, so Dan just wanted to make sure you had some knowledge of what you're getting into. believe it or not, not everyone knows everybody else personally here, nor what their experience of knowledge is. how often have you heard someone say something like "I have a panther grouper, an ocellaris clown, an anenome, a niger trigger, a couple of damsels, and a moray eel. the 20 gallon seems kind of crowded and they're not doing well..." ?
that said, I'm a big fan of taking a regional approach to a tank. do your clown and damsel come from the same area or different ones? what type of fish temperment wise? docile? someone who'll put the damsel in it's place? the more info you can give, the better an answer you can get.

0dan0
10/21/2001, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Brad Gardner
Here we go again. Instead of someone answering a simple question, I get an obvious question to my simple question. What is the title of the forum? NANO. Why would I put a Tang in a NANO? Since this is the NANO forum, the fish I am adressing, would be SMALL, reef safe fish.

Thanks,

Brad

Guess you dont get any help from dan...