PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa area aquarium shops

Knyght
08/19/2004, 10:09 PM
1st of all a big howdy to our neighbors to the northwest! :wave:

I will be making a trip to your area this Saturday, the 21st and was wondering where the local shops are in your area.
The ones that I should definately see would be appreciated.
Since I am not real familiar with Tulsa, please list the addresses if you would.

Also to you reefers in Stillwater, where do you shop???

Thanks in advance,
Greg

:beachbum:

lanamarks
08/20/2004, 12:01 PM
replied to your post on COMAS but in order:
Ultimate Reefs (fav) - 61st & Memorial
Tulsa Aquatics (ok) - 46th & Mingo
Aquarium Dynamics (ok) - 71st & Sheridan
Petmart (ok but haven't been there in a long time) - 71st & Lewis

vonswedge
08/20/2004, 03:47 PM
Aquarium Dynamics is at 51st & sheridan

lanamarks
08/21/2004, 11:55 AM
oops - I was thinking of coral's and reef's which I didn't care for. thabks for catching that!

chr_edw
08/30/2004, 10:26 AM
prices seem really good at Ultimate Reefs. Not a ton of stock last time I was in. But it has been about a month.

poke75
08/30/2004, 01:08 PM
Just got through shoping at most of the shops this weekend.

I picked up some nice mushrooms, ricordia, some frags of polyps and a trigger from Pet Stop in Owasso.
They had no SPS but did have lots of mushrooms and some other softies. Fish selection was decent. The guy (Perry) that waited on me was rather knowledgable and went and looked up several things when he did not know the answer. I was impressed.

Corals and reefs had a nice selection of corals. Fish selection was not bad. Price was reflective of the location. I was waited on by (?) cant' remember his name (red headed guy going to school to be a marine bioligist (I think)). Great guy!! Very knowlegable.

Aquarium Dynamics I could not find. There is a new shop about 100yards down Lewis (can't remember the name). The selection was limited (may have been expecting a shipment) and the guy helping me was new to the hobbie (I hope).

Tulsa Aquatics had a ok selection of corals. Fish selection was ok. They were busy so I can't say anything about the help.

Just my opinion. Take it for what it is.

Steve

aquajohn
09/02/2004, 08:46 AM
Just a plug for Sarah and David at the Pet Stop in Owasso. Great staff and service, they may be limited on variety, but their quality is excellent! They have plenty of green striped shrooms as Sarah obtain my old mushroom "mother tank"LOL. John

lanamarks
09/02/2004, 01:07 PM
where is the pet stop? I work in Owasso now and want to drop by sometime soon. thanks.

aquajohn
09/02/2004, 02:09 PM
Don't know the exact address....it's on 86th street north....east of 169....first building to the east of the movie theaters (10?)...phone 274-7387...tell'em John from Bartlesville (the mushroom guy) sent ya. John

chr_edw
09/02/2004, 02:45 PM
John,

Can the wife and I still come by for some mushrooms on Sunday?

vonswedge
09/02/2004, 03:01 PM
John, THats your tank in the petstop that is full of those mushrooms. I got a rock covered with them and they are growing like crazy!

aquajohn
09/02/2004, 05:30 PM
Yes Chris, as far as I know Sunday afternoon would be great. We have karate in the evening at 7 but up till then I believe we are clear. I'll email you with address and phone.
And yes that 75 gallon white tank at the pet stop was once mine......check my gallery....vonswedge, if you need anymore let me know. John