PDA

View Full Version : Dying toad frag will nuke?

danieljames
08/16/2004, 09:54 AM
Checked my tank this morning and my toad frag has vanished. Can't find it anywhere. Its around the size of a dime. Should i be worried? I have an asm g2 on a 26 bow. A bag of carbon is passive in the sump.

coralreefing
08/16/2004, 12:32 PM
First of all, keep looking. Toadstools are pretty tough so it's probably still alive hidden behind a rock. IMO if you can't find it though it will probably shrink over a period of time, from lack of light, until it is a tiny frag. If it dies then it will be so small you probably won't notice anything.

gflat65
08/16/2004, 05:05 PM
It could just pop up in a couple of weeks/months, too. You never know. You'll move a rock one day and low and behold, a toadie on the back side of the rock. Great savings plan:)

fishdoc11
08/16/2004, 05:05 PM
Agree with Chris. But if per chance it has allready died I don't think you have anything to worry about because of it's size.
Chris

reewik
08/16/2004, 06:15 PM
Not to go off target here but how do you like your I have an asm g2 ?

danieljames
08/17/2004, 02:30 AM
I like it so far reewik. I'll tell you though, Its not as solid milky white in the reaction chamber as some of the euro's i've seen. It is six inches in diameter, so that could have something to do with it. I'm not getting a ton of skimmate that i keep hearing about either. But i have a very small system with small bioload. I got such a good deal on it i couldn't pass it up.

danieljames
08/22/2004, 02:32 PM
Hey reewik. Just an update on the skimmer. I don't think i had given it sufficient time to break in. I raised the level in my sump a bit, and this thing skims very well. The bubbles increased alot by raising my sump level, and i'm getting some very dark skimmate now. Maybe a cup to two cups a week. Not exactly sure. I'll measure it next time. Its extremely easy to clean as well.

reewik
08/22/2004, 04:31 PM
I just washed mine real good. That made a difference.