PDA

View Full Version : Recap of Evening Under the Stars with Eric Borneman

algaeguy
08/15/2004, 08:51 PM
Last night's al fresco meeting with Eric Borneman was a smashing success! Thank you to Bill and Jackie Crockett for opening up their home for this event. We will definitely be doing an annual summer BBQ from now on. We had over 60 people, and gained several new members, and renewals! Carlos' presentation on his tank was terrific. And, sidekick Dave B.'s quips made for a very entertaining member's tank presentation.

Eric Borneman's presentation on "Corals You Can Keep Alive" was informative and interesting. Eric always delivers the goods when he is invited to speak, and Saturday was no exception. Everyone seemed to enjoy the talk and Q and A session that followed.

The raffle was awesome. We raised over $700 for future club activities. Everyone was gunning for the Coralife 1/2 hp chiller....and the lucky winner was.....Carolyn Smith of MASLAC. Thanks to Omer Dersom for the donation of the chiller, RO Unit, and the Coralife salt mix, among other things. Also, thank you to our other generous sponsors: Sea Dwelling Creatures, Mark Weiss, and Danner Corporation. Lance, John, and Yvonne did a great job in getting raffle items.

Upcoming events: SCUBA trip, Monterey Bay Aquarium Road Trip, Fall Tank Tour, speaker Michael Palleta, and of course, our Holiday Party.

Thanks to everyone who participated last night, and if you couldn't make it, you will definitely want to try and make it in the future.

Regards,
Scott F.
Publicity

kim92111
08/15/2004, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the event. Only thing is that it would be nice if the chiller was the last item given. It's anticlimactic after the first raffle prize.

That's one thing I noticed about the club events, the best prize is always given away first and kind of goes down hill from there with people shuffling.

Otherwise, a very informative evening. Thanks again to all.

MargaritaMan
08/15/2004, 10:19 PM
Only problem with having the chiller at the end is that Lance might run out of energy! Oh on second hand, I doubt it!!! MM

David P
08/16/2004, 06:16 PM
I liked "Quit yelling Lance. We have neighbors."