PDA

View Full Version : Check this out!!!

orionsmamma
08/11/2004, 02:07 PM
http://lvmas.org/lvaquariasociety/lfs/aquascapesltd.htm

Has anyone done buisness with this guy?

dallast
08/11/2004, 03:14 PM
i know him from the lvmas. he is okay. i have never bought anything from him though. you may want to send an email and see how up to date his website is.

last year, he came to gva during one of the meetings and showed everyone the new t-5 lights. had a bank of 8 of them and about blinded everyone! he said he would match or undersell anyone in regards to those lights and would even help in custom needs, if any required.

that's all i know.

orionsmamma
08/11/2004, 03:42 PM
I did send him an email, just to see if he was still "in buisness". If he is, he has some awesome prices!

TippyToeX
08/11/2004, 05:06 PM
Let us know when you hear back Donna. I'd like to know if he is still in buisness :)

the Undone guy
08/11/2004, 09:00 PM
yes please let us know!

orionsmamma
08/11/2004, 09:07 PM
I will definitely pass on any info that I get. I sure hope he is still doing this! uncured fiji for $3.25/lb? I am so there!

orionsmamma
08/11/2004, 09:21 PM
Well I just spoke with Gary, he IS still in the buisness!! WHOOHOO lol. He said that the prices are just a little higher than posted, due to transportation costs. For instance, instead of 3.25/lb, uncured fiji is 3.75......still MUCH lower than anything around here!

He seems to be very knowagable, and said that he is into the "new" technology of reefing. He also plans on being at our next meeting.

the Undone guy
08/11/2004, 09:36 PM
where's this guy located? can we go check out his livestock? or where does he operate out of?

orionsmamma
08/11/2004, 10:00 PM
He does his buisness out of his home. According to him, this is how he keeps his prices so low. You pretty much have to place an order, and then once a month he heads down to LA to pick up. If you use the link that I posted, you can get his phone number. I would give him a call, he might let you come over and check out his stuff. I'm not sure what he would have in stock, I kind of got the impression that you order, and he drops it off at your home.

TippyToeX
08/11/2004, 10:46 PM
Awesome! Someone with what sounds like good Fiji LR. I need 20lbs or so. I should give him a call this week.

Thanks for the info Donna. I sure hope he can make it to our next meeting. :)

dallast
08/11/2004, 11:27 PM
he lives in pahrump, so that is why he does his vegas business on a weekly schedule. from what i remember, he doesn't really want you showing up at his house. he will meet you somewhere like silverton parking lot.

would be interesting to know where he gets his livestock from. he must have a wholesalers license.

does anybody know what is involved with getting one of these licenses? is it expensive? we have a number of business licenses...this could be just another!

orionsmamma
08/11/2004, 11:58 PM
He did say that he only heads out to LA once a month. Personaly, I dont mind waiting considering the price!

With a lot of places that only sell to businesses, you only need a buisness license. I have bought wholesale fabrics and such with ours. HTH

Oh, and Amy, when I saw his price on fiji, the first thing I thought about was you lol. I know you have been looking for some time. I'll end up stocking the 75 with his rock too.

desert_reefer
08/12/2004, 07:19 AM
I talked on the phone with him about 8 or 9 months ago, he sounds pretty straight up. His website hasn't changed since 6/03, so it's pretty outdated. He also said back then he was going to open a shop out in pahrump, but who wants to go to pahrump except for fireworks! I guess it never happened! Nice guy though.
Jeff

the Undone guy
08/12/2004, 01:20 PM
hrm i wonder if he has any flame angels!

TippyToeX
08/12/2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by orionsmamma
Oh, and Amy, when I saw his price on fiji, the first thing I thought about was you lol. I know you have been looking for some time. I'll end up stocking the 75 with his rock too.

You are too cool Donna. :D I was thinking of picking up my Fiji rock while in LA in a few weeks, but honestly would much rather support a local if at all possible. Thanks for thinking of me!

Jeff- Thanks for the information as well. It's good to have more feedback :)

Desert Fish
08/12/2004, 11:08 PM
Hi, This is Gary ( Aquascapes Ltd ) . Yes I am in business.
I came to Pahrump in 2000 to retire and build a house. That done I tried to set up a 600gal system and was appalled at the prices and service in LV. I set up a reef club LVRC - still going although small - and started researching. The vectors were, and are, the best products at the most reasonable cost - not just initial cost but running cost as well.
A few of the results so far: Oolitic sand frome Utah, a lighting of my own design that is better than any I've seen on the market, a wet/dry filter system that maintains 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates under very high bioload and energy efficient pumping systems ( 3600gph@120 watts and quiet to boot!
I deal with two wholesalers for the most part - Sea Dwelling Creatures and Underwater World. Both use state of the art holding facilities, have good reps, and supply good livestock.
Let me know when the next meeting is and I'll be there

Gary

orionsmamma
08/13/2004, 12:44 AM
Welcome Gary!

It looks like we are meeting on Sunday the 29th. We usually meet on the 3rd or 4th sunday of each month. I dont think we have decided on a place or time, so hopefully Tippytoex or opihi can help us with that :)

Donna

TippyToeX
08/13/2004, 01:24 AM
Hi Gary & a welcome from me too :)

We are working on that meeting location and time. Looking to be thus far around noon at a good pizza place. I hope we will have the details in the next few days for everyone.

opihi
08/13/2004, 01:39 AM
hi Gary,
Welcome, & i hope you'll continue to post here.

jeff

EvilInSin
08/13/2004, 04:19 AM
OOooo we will be needing LR too! just a lil bit I think. and some sand.will have to get hubby to call too.