PDA

View Full Version : Brain Coral up for adoption

SoupySteve
08/09/2004, 05:16 PM
My brain coral is not doing too well. I put it up higher in my tank assuming the reason for its decline was not enough light. Today I caught my flame angel biting the hell outta it.
I'll give it to someone in this group on one condition: if it thrives in your tank, you gotta give me something for it later (I know this makes me sound like a total lame-o). I want it to live - and I feel bad for putting it in a tank where my angel has had its way with it - but I really don't like "giving" away a coral that was priced at $60 when I got it. My avatar is a picture of it late June - now it has receded BIG TIME.
My schedule is all sorts of F'ed up, but you can swing by between 8:30 and 9:30 am tomorrow or after 3pm until 8pm.
I really want it to go to a good home to keep it from dying y'all...

SoupySteve
08/09/2004, 05:56 PM
Did some quick research and I think this is my problem (even though my flame angel isn't a "large angel":
"Some corals with large fleshy polyps – Turbinaria spp., Trachyphyllia spp., Wellsophyllia spp. Cynarina spp, etc. – are often targeted by large angelfish. These corals will try to protect themselves by withdrawing as much of their tissue into their skeletons as possible, but many large angelfish will work at them until they are destroyed or seriously damaged." -Terry Seigel http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/nov2002/Editorial.htm

lil'salty
08/09/2004, 06:21 PM
bring it over man i got a place for it

twfields79
08/10/2004, 01:25 PM
Hey dude I'll hang on to it for you!!!! Let me know man I have plenty of space for it for my tank is all but bare.;)

lil'salty
08/10/2004, 05:33 PM
the brain looks better already man
i will try and get the fern caulerpa to grow a little more next time i harvest i will hook you up

Red Sea Purple Tang
08/12/2004, 06:02 AM
Can you post some pics?