PDA

View Full Version : fluorescent green polyped sarcophyton

danieljames
08/09/2004, 06:43 AM
Hey reefers. I just purchased a small frag of this amazing coral. Hopefully it will be a fast grower and I will be able to frag and share this very rare genetic material. From what i understand, it is just as easy to keep as a regular toad. The hard part is finding someone who wants to part with the genetic material. Here is a link...check it out.

http://www.reeffarmers.com/

click on the "organisms for sale" prompt and then "limited editions" prompt on the left, and scroll down to the green sarcophyton.

fishdoc11
08/09/2004, 08:12 AM
Very nice! How did you get around the "waiting list". They have some very nice corals but some of the ones I would want have lists with the first due dates in the next millenium:-)
Chris

danieljames
08/09/2004, 08:14 AM
It is from another person on ebay. he mentioned tyree in his auction. I think most of the genetic material is from the same mother colony. I could be wrong though. The frag is small. But you know how toads grow. I'm hoping it will grow nicely.

gflat65
08/09/2004, 04:20 PM
That guy looks a lot like my sarco in form, anyway. Keep me in mind:)

rcmike
08/09/2004, 07:20 PM
That is a very nice coral! I bet it will do well in your tank. If you ever have any frags I would be interested also. I hope you got a good deal on it. I personally don't know what makes some of those S.T. limited editions so valuable. I have one just like the Montipora Undata - The Idaho Grape that I got for $40. It is a very large colony and grows very fast. I have traded several frags from it to other people. I don't see how they can charge $70 for a frag just because it originally was in Tyree's tank. That is just me though.

gflat65
08/09/2004, 09:45 PM
reewik's got some limited edition, extremely rare rcmike frags. He only had to give up the family dog and his left arm (he's right handed):) lol

danieljames
08/10/2004, 06:27 AM
yeah..i hear ya rcmike. I have looked around quite a bit since first seeing that sarco. I have not been able to find a single person or company online anywhere with it until this one. I don't think the price for this one has much to do with tyrees tank. It is really hard to find. I paid to much for it of course, but to me its worth it if i can get it to grow nicely and share it.

lol chris.... i don't have an rcmike frag yet. Get that blade out buddy (plz)

rcmike
08/10/2004, 05:14 PM
Hehe. I know, I have paid way to much for some corals I wanted also. Just let me know if you ever want to trade any frags. I don't have much in the way of softies though.