PDA

View Full Version : MASLAC Sept Meeting Date - MACNA weekend

o2manyfish
08/08/2004, 10:47 AM
Hey Folks,

The date for the Sept meeting is the same as MACNA in Boston.

I think Scott F, Ted, and John F from the board are going. Plus other club members are attending.

I recommend people book their flights to Boston now, cause the food in Boston is much better than Denny's.

Dave B

Konadog
08/08/2004, 11:16 AM
And lobster is better than chicken strips any day!

cali_reef
08/09/2004, 12:56 AM
American Airlines just started their fall season sale on Friday, I suggest book right away since it won't get cheaper than the current prices. You guys can also look into flying JetBlue out of Long Beach, they are about the same price but you get to watch Live TV for 5 hours and get cool blue colored snacks.

o2manyfish
08/09/2004, 12:58 AM
Pierce,

If we are bringing livestock to you, can you pull some strings :)

Dave B

cali_reef
08/10/2004, 03:00 AM
Umm, please make sure the box is not marked "Live Fish", they will give you a hard time bring that on. :lol: Also I think the new bomb detecting X-ray used may not be good for the coral, not much of the frags I brought lived. The hand carry x-rays are not as strong.

Pull some strings? Here is a tip, book online with JetBlue and save $5 :lol:. Sorry, no connection at AA and JetBlue's reservation system is too automated to manipulate.

OUinLA
08/11/2004, 11:23 AM
Just curious where you guys are staying. I think i'm at Embassy Suites for $150 a night.

thetedinator
08/11/2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by OUinLA
Just curious where you guys are staying. I think i'm at Embassy Suites for $150 a night.

All,

Bad news for me. Maybe some good news for one of you.

My bad news: I have to cancel on MACNA (unexpected work obligation). It is past the deadline to get any kind of refund from MACNA although I can cancel my hotel and air reservations.

I am trying to work something out with the travel agency that has organized MACNA to transfer my MACNA registration, etc. If I can accomplish this, someone going to MACNA could have my registration free. I'll post when and if they tell me what they will allow.

As far as hotels, I receieved email that the Hyatt was oversold and that I was being moved to the Embassy Suites at $115/night.

Sorry I can't make it. I was looking forward to the conference.

Ted

OUinLA
08/11/2004, 09:28 PM
I'm actually looking for someone to share room expenses with. If anyone is in the same boat, let me know.

o2manyfish
08/11/2004, 11:30 PM
Ted,

I will take the room !!!!!

and I will take the registration if you can transfer it.

Dave B

thetedinator
08/12/2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by o2manyfish
Ted,

I will take the room !!!!!

and I will take the registration if you can transfer it.

Dave B

Dave,

You got mail!

Ted

o2manyfish
08/12/2004, 09:27 AM
Thank you Ted.

Let me know if you want paypal for the registration ASAP, or I can bring you money at the Sat meeting.

Thank you,

Dave B

thetedinator
08/12/2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by o2manyfish
Thank you Ted.

Let me know if you want paypal for the registration ASAP, or I can bring you money at the Sat meeting.

Thank you,

Dave B

Dave,

I was going to lose the registration fees. It's better that someone can use 'em. Someday....when I won't kill it...you can give me a dayglo purple or orange frag of some kind and we'll call it good.

Cya Saturday.

Ted

thetedinator
08/12/2004, 12:57 PM
Madison, your PM is full.

OUinLA
08/13/2004, 01:55 AM
thanks. I just cleaned it out

MargaritaMan
08/14/2004, 05:08 PM
BTW, Carlos tells me that Dave snores!!!

OUinLA
08/23/2004, 01:45 AM
I'm still looking for someone to share a room with. If anyone else is in the same boat or has room to spare please let me know.

Konadog
08/27/2004, 04:34 PM
So, aside from Madison needing a room mate, Carlos snoring, Dave smuggling livestock , and Ted's unexpected work obligation, is the meeting date being changed, or is it staying the same?

thetedinator
08/27/2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Konadog
So, aside from Madison needing a room mate, Carlos snoring, Dave smuggling livestock , and Ted's unexpected work obligation, is the meeting date being changed, or is it staying the same?

Yeah. Sometimes work is a drag. No MACNA and no MASLAC.

hail_sniper
09/02/2004, 04:19 AM
i'd go to macna, but me being 15 means, NO! well i guess i can wait a few years before i get to go, i'd love to get loads of frags, of course by then i would have 2 more reefs to stock, and i dont think my dad would feel so great about blowing off a grand in one day so i can have my coral, if the meeting is going to be changed, let us know :)

o2manyfish
09/02/2004, 10:44 AM
Hail_Sniper,

The only frags at these conventions, are the frags from the glasses than drunken reefers knock off the bar.

If you want frags, goto one of the local frag swaps, greater quantity, greater quality, and safer to get the corals back home.

Dave B