PDA

View Full Version : First meeting. Great to see faces to names.

dgasmd
08/07/2004, 08:27 PM
Well, we had our first meeting. I guess we just moved from being a club in a petri dish to a fetus stage club. I was glad to see the turn out.

I'll give you a little synopsis for those that did not make it.

Name approved
Bylaws approved
Mission statement approved
purpose and plan for meetings done
covered possible store sponsorship
covered membership fees
chi chat and then chit chat

:D :D :D

Carl_in_Florida
08/07/2004, 08:47 PM
And what time it was!

Remember seeing this guy jump around?

<-----------------------------

tperk9784
08/07/2004, 09:04 PM
Ya, and Alberto doesn't look anything like his PIC!

Nice to meet all of you.

Tim

mhossom
08/07/2004, 09:30 PM
Congrats PBMAS on your new club.

Alberto is a good man and will help build a great club for you guys. We were very sorry to loose him up here in Baltimore.

nanokeeper
08/07/2004, 09:36 PM
Alberto. Can you give a brief synopsis of:

Name approved
Bylaws approved
covered membership fees

Or will those of us that didn't make it be punished and have to wait till the next meeting???

Either way I want to thank you for taking the initiative and starting this. Take care.
Pete

Phan
08/08/2004, 12:38 AM
im.....retarded. i forgot about the meeting. damn. i cant belive i forgot. i missed the first meeting. im sorry for not showing up yall.

steve

AquariaUSA
08/08/2004, 01:36 AM
Good luck guys! Can't wait to see some of the PBMAS tanks :)
Frag trading should also be lots of fun between CMAS and PBMAS!

RicksReefs
08/08/2004, 08:36 AM
ya, life got in my way just as i was getting ready
to head out to the meeting too. how about posting
the meeting 'minutes' so we're all up to date? :cool:

dgasmd
08/08/2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by nanokeeper
Alberto. Can you give a brief synopsis of:

Name approved
Bylaws approved
covered membership fees

Or will those of us that didn't make it be punished and have to wait till the next meeting???

Either way I want to thank you for taking the initiative and starting this. Take care.
Pete

Not a problem Pete.

*Name stayed the same since there was no objection from the present members.
*Bylaws stayed the same since there was no objection from present members.
*Mission statement stayed the same also for the same reasons as above.
*Meetings will be monthly hopefully. We are going to start meeting a people's house from here on out to be able to check out their tanks and maybe learn a little from how others do things. We have a volunteer for the next meeting. That will be the third weekend of sept and will be anounced with directions and such before then. We are also going to pick subjects and talk about them during the meetings. That should be the educational part of it. We plan on having speakers in the future.
*At least one store has expressed interest in some form of sponsorship. I will contact others during the week and discuss this with them.
*We briefly talked about finances. The application fee for the club will be between $20-30/year. More like the latter. This is nothing considering you will get discounts at the local stores that will pay for this and more in no time. Well worth.
*I did forget to mention that I will look into opening an account with a bank maybe this week to keep all the club finances separate and very clear once we get started with collection of membership fees.
*I forgot to mention also that we need to come up with a logo to use in the membership cards. I ahve no artistic inclination whatsoever, so this is something I will definately need someone to step up and do a few samples to pick from. Anyone???

dgasmd
08/08/2004, 08:48 AM
Jus tto make it easier on me, I am going to make a group email and try to coomunicate with everyone that way. So far it has been very time sonsuming to do that by posting here for some, them the group thing in yahoo, and then a few others separetely.

If you have not emailed me your complete name, address, and number you are going to be left out. Please take 5 seconds and do it right now.

dgasmd at netscape do net

Alberto

tperk9784
08/08/2004, 06:12 PM
Group e-mail thing is alresdy set up if you wanna use the one I created. Just need to have all members sign up for it. I can administer it so you dont have to.

Tim

Phan
08/08/2004, 07:13 PM
alberto - thanks again for everything. i can take care of the logo. ill put together a few different ideas and post them here?

anyhow, thanks again.

steve

dgasmd
08/08/2004, 07:56 PM
Tim:

That would be awesome, but the problem is that a lot of people are not subscribed to it and they would be all out as it is. I woud love to sue that address since it is easy, but I can make a group email from my account just as easy too. Either way it does not really matter to me. I just want to make sure we reach the most people. Besides, by emaling me, I laso get their contact info like phone and address so I can make a confidential database for the club.

mixer911
08/08/2004, 08:18 PM
Nice to meet everyone!

Carl, now I recognize the little one in the avatar.

Alberto, everything should still be a go for Sept. When is the 750 due to arrive? Would mind helping out if needed.

Rick

dgasmd
08/08/2004, 08:30 PM
Rick:

Thanks so much for offering. It is due at the end of this month, so hopefully water should be running by the time the meeting at your place happens. I am actually not even going to help move it. I paid for them to deliver it on site, so if I help and they break it they can blame it on something I did. If I leave them be and video tape it and take pictures and they break it, I get a new tank no questions asked. Either that or they will be answering the questions to a judge LOL...............

I may still have you drop by some day you are in the general area for 1 miute so I can show you what I have in mind with the venting stuff I was talking about. I am clear in that it will work well, but one more check before I tear holes in walls and ceilings is reasuring to me.

mixer911
08/08/2004, 08:40 PM
No problem, when you need to make the final decision just give me a call and I will come by. I am usually free after 4, we also have some projects in your area so I am up there during the day every once and a while.

dgasmd
08/08/2004, 08:46 PM
I'll drop you a line a few days before. I was hoping to get the plans finalized by the end of the week, but that can wait until I figure out what I am foing with the chiller. It should be here this week hopefully. Thanks again.