PDA

View Full Version : Needed 55 gal drums

JCorbett
08/05/2004, 07:13 AM
Does anyone know of a place to find 55gal food grade drums in the akron area?(for RODI storage) Country Pure Foods on W waterloo no longer makes them available.
Did I mention drums for cheap?

fairweather
08/05/2004, 08:44 AM
I would like to find the same in the northern area west of cleveland if anyone knows

fairweather
08/05/2004, 08:46 AM
Oh J C ,, Didnt want to steal your thead but since you were asking... hope you didnt mind

JCorbett
08/06/2004, 09:21 AM
Not a problem fairweather. Let me know if you learn of anything else and I will do the same. I have a 2x35gal ro/saltmixing set up. Plumbed for mixing salt, water change return, and refilling of ro to salt mixing container. Complete with 2 unions and three valves if you have an interest. I place 1 powerhead in each and flip switches to move water around. It's pretty cool if you have never seen one. Willing to sell for what I have in it.

fairweather
08/06/2004, 10:48 AM
I have all my equipment in a crawel space unger the house and have to be creative as how to work everyhting , I could be interested , pm me with pics if you have them or price details and heights of the sytem.
Thanks
I did pick up 2- 55g drums but they had soap in them and I am afraid to use them.

Rhodophyta
08/06/2004, 04:03 PM
I have one plastic 55 drum that I bought from a guy who then worked for Stauffer's. The drum had been filled with cherry concentrate, and for the first couple years I had it you could smell cherries if you kept it closed up for a while. I'm not using it now so any reasonable offer considered.

newsalt1
08/06/2004, 07:53 PM
There used to be a place out on route 82 past North Eaton that sold the blue plastic drums that I "believe" were advertised as food safe. I do not know if they are still out thee or not. Anyone?

JCorbett
08/07/2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks for replies. I received reply on yahoo marine groups that Sams club may also have them cheap.

Fairweather, as soon as I get a chance I will try and put a photo up for you. The height is less than that of a 55gal drum.

I have picked up one since post. It had a water based water repellent in it. I have it soaking outside. I have yet to see as to whether or not it will be suitable.

JCorbett
08/07/2004, 09:55 AM
Have at Rhodos offer Fairweather, I would like to locate one closer to home if possible. That seems closer to you.

fairweather
08/07/2004, 10:39 AM
dont blame you!!