PDA

View Full Version : Marine aquarium technology breakthrough!!!!

David Corbett
10/14/2001, 11:55 PM
A new revolutionary product will be shown to the public for the first time at this month's DFWMAS meeting. The sophisticated yet elegant device will actually be a part of the raffle so buy your tickets early and buy several.:bounce1:

If you are experiencing bubbles in your aquarium this new device could eliminate this problem. It's called "Dave's Bubble Terminator" (DBT for short) and will revolutionize how Aquarius plumb the overflow/sump juncture of their aquariums. For directions to this months meeting click here www.dfwmas.com
:D

David Corbett
10/15/2001, 04:30 AM
This is the kind of thing that happens when you don't get enough sleep. DOC:hammer:

Breef
10/19/2001, 09:12 PM
I hate to always have something to say that is derragatory,but I was at this meeting and saw the device that you are talking about. That is not the problem,I saw it totally by accident and had to ask what it was or I wouldn't have known. There is a lot of the information that goes down at the Meetings that is hard to hear,I especially missed about this device,and only remember about it as an after thought. I know for a diffenent fact that one of the worse problems with any buisness is communication within,and if the information that is being put out is not heard it does little good.

David Corbett
10/19/2001, 11:53 PM
Move up front you will be able to hear. I don't know what else to say. DOC

Breef
10/20/2001, 12:01 AM
I usually do that DOC but the only problem with that is someone else is pushed back a little farther,good manners dictates that everyone cann't be in the front?

Brad Ward
10/20/2001, 09:41 AM
I hear you Breef. I was told by someone else that it was hard to hear as well. I usually talk loud enough but, I guess that I wasn't projecting as well as usual.

I think in part, it is a sign that we are growing larger and more folks are attending the meetings. Not a bad problem to have, but it does present certain problems such as this. We are also having a harder time getting members to invite us over for meetings because of the crowds we are drawing. As I mentioned in the last Newsletter, we might have to start thinking about a more permanent meeting location that has a public address system so that the information is heard.

Thank you for speaking up. We need feedback from the membership in order to make it a better club.

Brad

Breef
10/20/2001, 11:11 AM
That sounds like a swell idea. I'm also glad you didn't take it as a negative,as it wasn't mean in that realm. I always figured that if there seemed to be problems then there usually were,and it was always good to try something new to correct them.If we as a group were didicated to trying to help one facility (at a time maybe) it seems to me that that facility would be glad to allow us to use their place as a meeting place.By facility I use the word loosely. This is just an idea. An address system would be no problem I would think as a small one shouldn't be very hard to dig up. Just speakers and a mike.

Brad Ward
10/20/2001, 11:46 AM
It would be nice if we could have a facility to hold our meetings. I would love to have it at a Aquarium, but we also have to take our members into consideration. Ultimately, two seperate locations would be the best because of the huge area that the Metroplex includes. We have members from Glen Rose to Allen and beyond. therefore, we try and hold the meetings in Dallas and Ft. Worth area every other month so that it is easier for folks to attend. This is all speculation of course at this point, but the Ft. Worth Zoo and the Dallas Aquarium at Fair Park would be the two I would try and court if we continue to grow.

Have a good Weekend,

Brad

Breef
10/20/2001, 01:15 PM
They both could stand to have the extra attention that our regular meetings could attract with the right publications.

David Corbett
10/20/2001, 06:27 PM
This sounds dandy but but one of the neat things about the monthly meetings is seeing others tanks. Brad we will have to get you one of those "mister microphones" that would solve the problem.
This months meeting was not ideal in that the accoustics were bad, and there was no seating. The plus side is we got to wonder around in a fish store for a couple of hours and the pizza was great:thumbsup: I thank "Fish Oasis" for having us, very nice store.
The accoustic problem can easily be solved the space problem cannot, this might be a good topic for next months meeting. I would be glad to have everyone over in the spring but I live 70 miles north of Dallas. If enough people showed interest I would be delighted to host a meeting. (should have my fishy room completed by then):bounce1: DOC