PDA

View Full Version : Diet of a Racoon Butterfly?

RobbyTT
10/13/2001, 03:38 PM
Allow myself to introduce...myself :) I'm new to the forum but have followed another marine discussion board [crowd boos!] for a little while but was refered to here! :)

I have kept fresh water aquariums for the past 8 years and last year embarked on re-creating the ocean. I have experience with triggers (clown, huma huma, niger) a snowflake moray, wrasse, damsels (aka Shooter Mcgaven) but now have a problem with a new Racoon named Rocky!

What does he eat? He was introduced to the tank yesterday to solve my apitasia (sp?) problem and boy did he! But now, he is almost finished. What should I feed him in short of expensive corals :)

He is also being treated right now (took him off the stores hands cause I felt bad for him) for what I and they think is a bacterial infection but I've had awesome luck treating fish (crossing fingers)

Thanks!

RobbyTT

RobbyTT
10/13/2001, 03:54 PM
http://pubweb.nwu.edu/~rhf655/racoon.jpg

Oh, here is a picture of him swimming around this morning :)

Leopardshark
10/14/2001, 12:43 AM
Try dry foods, I´ve seen racoons eating tetra bits.

hcs3
10/14/2001, 10:27 AM
hi robby and [welcome]

the other modertor has kept raccoons with some success. i'll refer this question over to him, though you should find the raccoon accepting most prepared foods including mysis.

HTH

henry

BrianD
10/15/2001, 08:25 AM
Hi Robby

The raccoons I have owned didn't care much for flaked foods. They were most aggressive in eating frozen meaty foods like mysis shrimp, plankton, and spirulina enriched brine shrimp. It usually took a couple of days before they started eating, but once they did they were very hearty eaters.

Let me know if I can help more.

Brian