PDA

View Full Version : free xenia!!!

dallast
07/29/2004, 01:45 PM
i have some xenia that is going crazy and pumping like mad! anyone who wants some, just let me know and you can come and get a fresh cutting right off the rock.

even if you don't like xenia due to its weed-like growth properties, you can still use for nutrient export :)

dallas

TippyToeX
07/29/2004, 02:46 PM
Dallas, I'll take some. :) Starting a new refugium and I like xenia in there.

dallast
07/29/2004, 04:48 PM
it's yours!

good days for me are fri/sat/sun. let me know if you are able to be on my side of town (green valley -- 215 & pecos) any of these days.

this also goes for anyone else interested!

thanks for the interest!

dallas

opihi
07/29/2004, 05:25 PM
i never thought of using xenia for nutrient export. but the only downside is having to smell them when you harvest. phew!

i think i can tough it out though... dallas, can i try some out too?

thanks,
jeff

Shak
07/29/2004, 06:06 PM
Xenia is the devil.

opihi
07/29/2004, 06:15 PM
http://tftb.com/deify/churchlady.jpg

"coincidence?"

or is it:

http://www.cineclub.de/images/waterboy3.jpg

"Xenia is for the Devil"

dallast
07/29/2004, 07:42 PM
it's all yours, guys!

the devil.....now i don't know about that....it is nice to watch. and so hardy.....now aiptasia.....i think we are onto something there!

hey, i am officially off work till monday, so let me know when you want to come on over and get some.

you can send me an email or post here too. i have yet to try the pm here on reefcentral...perhaps that is also an option. i can get you my phone number and we can go from there.

now of course i am not one to reject a small donation of something like a frag, if one has one to readily and willingly giveup. but honestly, i will be happy to be rid of it to a good home, rather than just flushing.

i look forward to hearing from you to set up a rendevous!

TippyToeX
07/29/2004, 08:46 PM
Thanks Dallas! I'll PM you here on RC (if you are comfortable with trying that) and we can exchange phone numbers and setup a good time. Sunday is really best for me. I'll be in touch tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. :)

opihi
07/29/2004, 09:13 PM
Hey Dallas,
i can't make it out this weekend or next. let's hook up another time. i'm growing out a small colt frag & always have chaeto on hand for whoever wants some. you're welcome to any of that.

j

the Undone guy
07/30/2004, 01:00 AM
i have no coral thingies in my tank yet, is there any xenia left for little ol amy's son? :sad2:

dallast
07/30/2004, 11:17 AM
never a shortage of this coral! it grows like mad. people can have almost all they want....it will grow back with a vengeance! now remember, most all that i have will be freshly cut for you to glue down. sometimes this take s a few goes, but they will take.

i look forward to the pms!

dallas

Razing Kane
07/30/2004, 06:07 PM
I just set up a new fuge and would like some if the offer still stands. i pretty close trop/mtn vista

dallast
07/31/2004, 04:40 AM
sure!

might be trying to set up a time on sunday afternoon.

let me know if this works...say 1-2 pm?

Nanighan
08/02/2004, 12:21 PM
Im one of those people that can't keep xenia for long periods. It always grow like mad then dies off one morning. Happened twice already. maybe because its from atm:D.

dallast
08/02/2004, 12:44 PM
no atm xenia here!

this stuff is from howard's personal stash and to be honest, he either gives away or flushes pounds of the stuff every couple of months! so to say this stuff is hardy is an understatement.

you are welcome to try and if it dies....get more!!!!

LVfishguy
08/02/2004, 03:20 PM
I think that half of the City has a little of howards xenia...

dallast
08/02/2004, 03:24 PM
no doubt.....he has plenty!

and now, so do i!