PDA

View Full Version : TBS interest?

Thurge
07/28/2004, 04:39 AM
I am going to be in Tampa around Memorial day, for the opening of snook season, and am planning on bringing back some TBS for my tank. I am curious to see how much interest their might be in me bringing as much as I can fit in my SUV.

Burgman
07/28/2004, 07:22 AM
Hi Thurge,

Ok, ya got me, what is TBS?

Burgman

Rhodophyta
07/28/2004, 10:05 AM
Tampa Bay Saltwater is the mail order company that goes by TBS. Is that it?

http://www.tbsaltwater.com/

Over a year ago, we got a reef "package" from them and some other neat items. A lot of the "package" critters are still busy cleaning things up. Well worth it, but would you be driving straight up nonstop from Tampa? If not, it might be better to place an order and get the items overnighted.

Rhodophyta
07/28/2004, 10:34 AM
I hadn't downloaded their video before. Pretty cool! It covers the past, present, and future of live rock.

scrummyotool
07/28/2004, 04:30 PM
im always down for rock poss 100lbs-150lbs

SUMMERS
07/28/2004, 07:33 PM
Isnt memorial day in May? If so I would like to get 100lbs. of rock from you.

Rhodophyta
07/28/2004, 09:07 PM
The opening of snook season is usually the beginning of September, about the same time as Labor Day. It's easy to get some of those federal holidays mixed up, especially if your job doesn't recognize them.

Thurge
07/29/2004, 03:19 PM
Sorry about that, yes Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock. I sometimes forget how conversations work, others don't know what I am thinking. :) :bounce3:
Where I work someone is working every holiday.
but would you be driving straight up nonstop from Tampa
I usually stop at my parents in NC overnight, but I had been contemplating in the past, doing the whole thing in one shot, but 20 hours is a long time. I was thinking, since I have an outlet in the back, I could use powerheads to circulate the water with the rock, and run an extension cord for the 8 hours or so I would be napping.

fairweather
08/05/2004, 11:38 AM
Life is a short, warm moment
And death is a long cold rest.

Dude!! Free Four
woudl like a bit of good rock also for seeding

Thurge
08/07/2004, 02:12 AM
:smokin:
Didn't expect anyone would actually recognise that quote. :)

Thurge
08/10/2004, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by scrummyotool
im always down for rock poss 100lbs-150lbs

I think that I will have maybe 100# total coming back with me. :( I will have the TBS Rock, three tackle boxes, a cooler of frozen fishes, and fishing rods, not to mention clothes, coming back from FL. In NC I will have the beast (Rott & Aust. Shep.) and his cat and their things to pick up from my parents,and a new hood for my tank and a second hood, for the fuge so room will be tight.
But every extra inch will be packed with ROCK!!!