PDA

View Full Version : looking for LR and algae

z_rivers
07/27/2004, 06:21 PM
im looking for some macro algaes for my fuge and some LR for my fuge and display. would anyone be able to sell any of the two? i need about 15-20lbs of liverock. thanks.

vijaysub
07/27/2004, 06:30 PM
Hi Aaron,

I just traded a bunch of LR in, but I do have some chaetamorpha you can have. I can bring it to the meeting or you can swing by my place and grab it.

Vijay

egross
07/27/2004, 08:51 PM
Hello,

I am also looking for some chaetamorpha to start a refugium on my new tank.

If Aaron's request gets filled and if someone still has some extra chaetamorpha, could I buy a little to get my refugium started?

Thanks,
Elisa

vijaysub
07/27/2004, 08:54 PM
I probably have enough for both of you. If I don't this week for sure I will have some next week. It grows like a weed in my tank.

And its No Cost....People helped me when I started and now it feels good tht I can do the same.

Vijay

z_rivers
07/28/2004, 11:27 AM
vijaysub you have a pm

vijaysub
07/28/2004, 11:35 AM
Come on up I am home all week.

PM'd ya contact info and directions.

Vijay

egross
07/29/2004, 05:51 AM
Vijay,

Thanks for the offer! If you have enough this week, I could get it at the meeting if you'll be there. Otherwise, I can pick it up sometime - whatever's best for you.

Thanks again,
Elisa

vijaysub
07/29/2004, 01:33 PM
Elisa,

I just looked. I probably only have enough for 1 person this week. I had a phosphate sponge in my system for a few weeks and it didn't grow as fast as it usually does. I just removed the sponge so it should be back to normal in a week or 2. (I think the sponge was the reason for the slow growth)

I keep mine under a Lights of America 75W light mounted about 8 " above my refugium. It is supposed to put out equiv of 450W of light. If you do something similar the growth rate will astonish you.

Vijay

egross
07/31/2004, 02:48 PM
Vijay,

I'm not in a big hurry, so whenever you have some to spare, let me know and I can pick it up.

Thanks,
Elisa

egross
08/03/2004, 05:58 AM
Vijay,

I won some chaeto at the raffle on Saturday evening, so I think I'm all set.

Thanks again for your help.

Elisa

emtski99
08/03/2004, 03:32 PM
hey guys,
I guess I would like to jump on the band wagon, and could use both LR and algae. I have a fuge i started recently and am just circulating water with it (seems to be only good for evaporation right now!!) I am pretty new to the hobby but check the forum often to see whats goin on in the area. I would like to attend the next meeting if I am not working or at school. Thanks a ton guys and hope to get to know everyone better.

Thanks,

emtski99