PDA

View Full Version : Blue tip acro colonies available

coralreefing
07/26/2004, 12:16 PM
My huge Blue tip acro colony (pictured) was receding form the base so I fragged it Saturday. I took 16 large (8 inch) colonies to Emerald Bay Saturday. If you've been in the market for a large, captive raised, acro colony EB has a tank full to choose from.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/508/20539front.JPG

fishdoc11
07/26/2004, 05:20 PM
Just stopped by today. They look nice!
Chris

reewik
07/26/2004, 07:29 PM
Looking really good, give us the whole tank shot. Have not seen it in a while!

rcmike
07/27/2004, 06:45 PM
I went by and got one today. The frag I got from you several months ago is doing well so I figured I may get a big one. I hope you kept some of it at least. How long did it take to get that big?

coralreefing
07/28/2004, 09:54 AM
I'm keeping a really big branch & a couple small ones. I also still have several other frags for now. I kept the less attractive ones to let them grow some more tips.
I got it as a 2" frag about three years ago but it has done most of it's growing in the last two. That kinda blows that theory about reef corals only growing 1/4" a year right out of the water.

kevlouie
07/28/2004, 01:08 PM
Got one. Roberto was wranglin sharks whilst I wuz in there. Water was splashed from one end of the store to the other. He should get a safer hobby, like say base jumping.

gflat65
07/28/2004, 05:02 PM
or Sky Diving

rcmike
07/28/2004, 06:36 PM
I know what you mean about growth rates. I had some sort of blue tip acro when I first started in sps that grew like crazy and I had several medium size colonies of it. Before we moved into our new house I let the tank go for a while and a lot of it died. I only had a small frag left. I have had it in the new tank for 2.5 years and it is only about 3" long. I still can't figure out why it grew so well in the old tank and so slowly in the new one. One of the funny things was that the old tank was lit by only VHOs and the new one has MHs.