PDA

View Full Version : Please keep threads on topic

opihi
07/26/2004, 11:59 AM
Hi Everyone,
i've noticed that several of our posts start to stray from the original topic. i know i'm of it guilty as well :)

if you have a question that is different from the topic, can you start a new thread? especially if the question or new idea can be helpful to others (newbie questions, etc).

this way, people who don't visit us often will know about all the issues we're talking about.

Please don't let this discourage anyone from posting. i'm just trying to keep this forum helpful to all.

TIA,
jeff

orionsmamma
07/26/2004, 12:22 PM
Good point Jeff :thumbsup:

Shak
07/26/2004, 06:54 PM
So how about that Lance Armstrong!? WOOHOOO

Oh, nevermind, off topic :lol:

opihi
07/26/2004, 06:57 PM
hehe. thanks matt! hey, you missed a good meeting yesterday... jump over to the Meeting Information post and i'll tell you all about it ;)

TippyToeX
07/26/2004, 08:59 PM
Good point Jeff. :)

Just wanted to add that this does not mean the light banter and fun we have in our threads must be lost. We can keep that up so long are we stick to the subject at hand.

opihi
07/27/2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by TippyToex
Good point Jeff. :)

Just wanted to add that this does not mean the light banter and fun we have in our threads must be lost. We can keep that up so long are we stick to the subject at hand.

oh, no doubt. please realize that i said "if you have a question that is different from the topic, can you start a new thread?" i have no problem talking about lance armstrong in this thread, but if someone says "Hey, what are copepods and are they good?", that should probably go in a new thread.

j

Shak
07/27/2004, 11:39 PM
Oh, we can talk about the Tour de France in this thread? WOOT!

Sorry, im a fanatical fan of the tour and have been since 1985, Greg Lemond was always a motivational figure for me and Lance Armstrong took his place several years ago and is still my hero.

I record every race live, watch them every night, and absorb everything i can about the tour during the month of July. In case your wondering, July is about the worst month of the year to get me to do anything aside from watching the tour.

The last day happened to fall on our meeting day, which may or may not have had something to do with me being absent from our meeting :)

Nanighan
07/28/2004, 01:59 AM
Matt I thought it was family oriented, why you weren't at the meeting. ;) I'm the same way during football season. The Jets better not be playing that sunday...

LVfishguy
07/28/2004, 09:38 AM
Yeah Sundays and football! That could be a problem! I guess I can give up part of my Sunday football once a month!

opihi
07/28/2004, 10:13 AM
i'm also the same way with football. go G-men! we could always hold our meetings at the sports book :)

TippyToeX
07/28/2004, 04:26 PM
OMG football :eek: I'm diehard football fan! Hmmm...

Nanighan
07/29/2004, 01:54 AM
I see a lot of football fans in LVVR. Here's an idea to raise funds, how about a couple of 3 game teaser's!

opihi
07/29/2004, 02:00 AM
hehe... not a bad idea. how about a weekly pool? round up all the reefers, club takes 10%?

only in vegas ;)

LVfishguy
07/29/2004, 07:53 AM
okay that settles it. we all have to go in on SUnday ticket at someones house and we can have weekly meetinng at halftime of the weeks featured game. 30 minutes a week for 4 weeks is our usual 2 hour meeting!
I'm in for the pool!

opihi
07/29/2004, 10:54 AM
who's got sunday ticket? if they're willing to open their house to us, i'll bring a case to the first meeting. of course, we'll have to figure out a way to settle on a game to watch. "Let's watch the Dallas game! No Jets! No, Giants!"

btw, i have to nominate this for most ironic thread on RC. it's funny to see the progression of our conversation. :lol:

oh, and Matt probably just didn't come to the meeting cuz he still owes us all drinks! ;)

TippyToeX
07/29/2004, 03:08 PM
Ha! I'll go to the bay area to see the sad state the 9ers are in. My brother is a season ticket holder and I go to the games when I can make the trip.

:D You're right Jeff, this is the more ironic thread on RC. That and very stereotypical Las Vegas.

opihi
07/29/2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by TippyToex
Ha! I'll go to the bay area to see the sad state the 9ers are in. My brother is a season ticket holder and I go to the games when I can make the trip.

a niner fan?!? i guess i'll let it pass since you did grow up in the area. any dallas fans will have to pay extra membership dues next year.

Originally posted by TippyToex :D You're right Jeff, this is the more ironic thread on RC. That and very stereotypical Las Vegas. [/B]

speaking of threads, i bought a nice pair of socks today ;) you know, we should run one of those word association threads. we'd be really good at those.