PDA

View Full Version : Maroon Clown in 7g?

idrum
10/10/2001, 07:25 PM
Thinking about adding a tiny (1") yellow stripe maroon for my 7g (already has a purple firefish)

I know the maroons get big, but I can put him in my 72 when he does.

Question is, will he get aggro on my firefish and/or woll he get too claustrophobic?

Angel*Fish
10/15/2001, 11:02 AM
I got a GS Maroon Clown ~1 mo. ago. My tank is only 30 g. -- That fish went straight to the bubble tip anemone as soon as he was introduced into the tank and has barely left it since. I only get to see him swimming at feeding time. He will swim only ~10 inches max. from the anemone ( for food).

He is also very sweet to any fish that get too close... he just gently nudges them with his "nose" without any snapping or biting. Maybe I got lucky , but I haven't seen the aggressiveness that others report.

snafuforyou
10/15/2001, 07:01 PM
I have a maroon clown white stripe in my 10 gal with ayellow headed goby and a purple headed goby.

No tank aggresion as far as I can tell and the tank is on my desk at work so I keep a good eye on it.

I think clowns are perfect for smaller tanks because they dont swim much and pretty much hang out in their anemone or coral.

So not a lot of energy being used thus not as much waste produced.

Mine has grown from 1 1/2 " to 2" in a few short months. If he gets any bigger I'll have to move him to a bigger tank.