PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me....

fade2black
10/10/2001, 03:41 PM
Or do people registering here just to tell us about their stinkin ebay items, drive you nuts. Can't you ban any eBay items from being listed on the board? Aqualink does that and I think it's a great idea. If you are so hard up for cash that you can't sell your items to a fellow reefer, you have to get the whole world bidding on it, then you have no business being here, you're just trying to make a profit. I think it is an insult to us. I can see if it doesn't sell here, THEN maybe put it on eBay, but even that is pushing it. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now. Just wanted to vent :)

Fade

JohnL
10/10/2001, 10:51 PM
I bet you feel a lot better now, Fade :D

Seriously, thanks for bringing it to our attention. We will certainly look into it.

fade2black
10/11/2001, 07:09 AM
I feel a little better :) It's just very disappointing to see something for sale that you can use only to open the thread and see that it's an eBay item. Now you have to bid against 9000 other people only to have the price jacked up to way over the retail price of it.

There....now I feel better :D

Fade

Nanook
10/12/2001, 07:02 AM
I emphatically agree F2B!!

Nanook

griss
10/16/2001, 01:09 PM
I agree with F2B and Nanook. I get all worked up thinking someone is selling a used item that I have been looking for and them it turns out to be an ebay auction.

I will admit that my ebay experience is limited, but seems to me most people who win the auction end up paying close to or higher than retail prices.

Oh well, just my 2 cents.

Griss

Capt.Dave
10/17/2001, 01:50 PM
Ditto, and most of the ebay sellers are not active members, I think we all know how to use Ebay, and can do do if we choose, but I don't like seeing it here.

Dave

SciGuy2
10/17/2001, 02:42 PM
I agree. The EBay junk just clutters up the "for sale" section.

Capt.Dave
10/17/2001, 03:12 PM
While we are debating the rules for the sale forum, I would like to see a price required in the post for items for sale. I think it would avoid a lot of the games sellers play. It's more upfront, honest, and efficient, IMHO.

The local newspaper here has that requirement as well for its free advertisers, and it works very well.

Dave

fade2black
10/17/2001, 03:40 PM
Good idea. I like that one too!

- Fade

AquaSeahorse
10/17/2001, 11:57 PM
I dont mean to be a pain but can't you just ignore the thread ? personally I like ebay, but hardly ever buy aquarium items off the site. If you dont want to buy an ebay item, dont click on the link. It's pretty simple :) And I dont mean to sound rude, but there is just no other way to say it.
However I do think it would be a good idea to have to put something like EBAY ITEM - (description here) in the thread title. That way you dont even have to open the thread if you dont want to see ebay auctions. Just a thought :)

dc
10/18/2001, 06:49 AM
Well if they put it in the subject title that would solve the problem, but as of now you see something you like and click on the thread and it says ebay! Doesn't really matter whether you go to the link or not, you've already wasted your time. It was one good thing we did at Aqualink. Voted it out!:D