PDA

View Full Version : 1st meeting set for 21 Aug... all are welcome!!

Roll221
07/22/2004, 09:50 PM
OK, I am just going to set a date for a meeting. I am shooting for Aug 21st. Even if we have just the core group of us here in Sierra Vista come we could still have a productive club meeting. I am going to recruit hard till then to try and draw out the other saltwater enthusiast in Sierra Vista. PLEASE... send me a PM, post on this thread or email me if you will be able to make it on the 21st of Aug at 1:00 pm at my home in Sierra Vista. There will be a few door prizes and if anyone wants to do some frag trading, that will be ok to.

Ed

Satori
07/23/2004, 08:56 AM
You know how I am with making plans in advance, but so far Aug 21st sounds good to me. We ran into one of Angela's old friends at the fish store, her husband has a reef tank. I'll see if I can get ahold of him and talk him into coming.

Roll221
08/04/2004, 09:15 AM
Please Reply To This!!

I start to need to get a head count for the meeting. I know a lot of you have looked at this but have not replied. Reply with a yes or no, PM me, or email me if you plan on attending. The subject of discussion will be "The basics of Reef keeping� with an emphasis on discussing the Berlin Method and water parameters.

Ed

RDWilson
08/10/2004, 10:11 PM
I will be there I'm not sure if Lisa will come with me or not. This should be a good chance to meet other in the area with this same intrest.

Rod

Satori
08/11/2004, 08:15 AM
Rod, How's that tank looking? Those lights really lit mine up, Thanks!

Satori
08/11/2004, 11:13 PM
Rod, would you like some green chromis? I ended up with 3 extra. I know, that's not much filler for a 180, but 8 is too many for a 55.
Mike

Old Crab
08/18/2004, 06:04 PM
I will be there. I am about to order some supplies. I will bring my list and maybe we can put together an order. I will be ordering bothe dry and live. I only have a small amount on the live list but I will be ordering almost enough dry to get free shipping.:)

Roll221
08/21/2004, 10:28 PM
Well, we had a really good turn out for our first get together. As expected it was just the core group of us but was a great day none the less. Started with a very informal talk amoungst the group and then did our group buy from Marine Depot ; ,almost $1,000 worth of stuff, hope we get the free T-shirts we asked for ;) We finished the day with a tank tour which was what I thought one of the best parts of the day. We will for sure do this again but hope more of you lurkers out there will join us.

Satori
08/23/2004, 06:25 PM
I just wanted to say I had a really good time Saturday. I'm glad Angela got to come along and see everyone's tanks. (I think it made the new Halide bill a little easier to justify...)

Thanks everyone!

Mike